Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Baseball Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• max.patch wrote:

If you want to watch the Braves you turn on Bally Sports. Done. Easy.

But this weekend Fridays game was on Apple TV. And Sundays game is on Peacock premium - $5 monthly fee and at the horrible start time of 11:30 to give them no competition for eyeballs. MLB gives them 1.5 hrs or 2 hrs (don't remember) before any other game can start.

Chris Maddog Russo talked about this a few weeks ago about how stupid MLB is for doing it. He said if he goes to watch the Yankees -- and they're not where they supposed to be on TV -- screw it he's not going to search for em. Gotta say I agree.
      This post was in May...
      2,000 miler
    • Fear was Phillies who barely made playoffs (would not if not for this years new format), were going to prove once again it is more important to be hot than good (or at least the "best team"). But by sweeping both prior series the Astros could be considered a little hot also.

If not an Astros fan I would have been pulling for a Cleveland v. Phillies WS due to the contrasting styles. Great defense, speed, and little power against the beer league softball team.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • To say his daughter has a lot of problems is putting it mildly.
      Her mental illness should not excuse what she did in this case. She intentionally lied to the police about the whereabouts of the baby because she was more concerned that they would take her tent.
      Despite her proclamations, other sources indicated she knew full well she was pregnant.

That poor baby has a rough life ahead. It was born drug addicted, hypothermic, and premature. The chances that there will be lasting damage from the mother's lifestyle are great. Eck's daughter was initially arrested due to a PREVIOUS warrant issued for child endangerment. I have not heard the details on that one, but there seems to be pattern here.

You might detect that this story makes me angry. This woman could have received all the help in the world if only she had asked for it. I have great sympathy for the harm the mentally ill often do to themselves. But once someone does harm to others, there must be consequences.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • IMScotty wrote:

To say his daughter has a lot of problems is putting it mildly.
      Her mental illness should not excuse what she did in this case. She intentionally lied to the police about the whereabouts of the baby because she was more concerned that they would take her tent.
      Despite her proclamations, other sources indicated she knew full well she was pregnant.

That poor baby has a rough life ahead. It was born drug addicted, hypothermic, and premature. The chances that there will be lasting damage from the mother's lifestyle are great. Eck's daughter was initially arrested due to a PREVIOUS warrant issued for child endangerment. I have not heard the details on that one, but there seems to be pattern here.

You might detect that this story makes me angry. This woman could have received all the help in the world if only she had asked for it. I have great sympathy for the harm the mentally ill often do to themselves. But once someone does harm to others, there must be consequences.
      Totally agree, when you harm the innocent you have crossed a line. :cursing:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General