Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

ALDHA Gathering 2021

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ALDHA Gathering 2021

New

Anyone else planning to attend the ALDHA Gathering in Abingdon, VA on October 8-10? On Friday night I am supposed to get called on stage for completing the AT this year. I thought they would give my certificate and patch then, but just received this in the mail. Still looking forward to attending the event. :)
      Images
      • 20210912_131740.jpg

97.57 kB, 800×388, viewed 10 times
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

Astro wrote:

Anyone else planning to attend the ALDHA Gathering in Abingdon, VA on October 8-10? On Friday night I am supposed to get called on stage for completing the AT this year. I thought they would give my certificate and patch then, but just received this in the mail. Still looking forward to attending the event. :)
      I wish we could be there to celebrate with you but we already have o
      Another commitment for that weekend. Congrats 2000 Miler !
    • New

Astro wrote:

I'll be there. I think it's going to be a good one this year.
      If you're going, if you want breakfast and lunch, you need to order meal tickets in advance, no later than 9/30.
      aldha.org/gathering/meals
      its all good
    • New

hikerboy wrote:

Astro wrote:

I'll be there. I think it's going to be a good one this year.If you're going, if you want breakfast and lunch, you need to order meal tickets in advance, no later than 9/30.
      aldha.org/gathering/meals
      Already ordered my meal tickets. Great to know you will be there HikerBoy! :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

Astro wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Astro wrote:

I'll be there. I think it's going to be a good one this year.If you're going, if you want breakfast and lunch, you need to order meal tickets in advance, no later than 9/30.aldha.org/gathering/meals
      Already ordered my meal tickets. Great to know you will be there HikerBoy! :thumbup:
      looking forward to seeing you, Astro.
      its all good
    • New

Da Wolf wrote:

was gonna go but masks required indoors is not a good thing. are all seats gonna be 6 feet apart? are are all speakers gonna be masked when they speak? cloth masks which most wear, are useless

"When the 39th Annual Gathering was rescheduled for 2021, it was hoped that COVID would be behind us; however, emergence and persistence of the “Delta” variant continues to be a hindrance. While we fully intend to proceed with this Gathering, the SVHEC does require that all wear masks while indoors. This requirement will be enforced. Masks are not required while outdoors, but social distancing is still highly recommended. It is also recommended that all participants be vaccinated. The Johnson & Johnson, one-shot vaccine is reported to be highly effective against the “Delta” variant and still could be obtained before the event.
      At check in, and at various convenient locations within the SVHEC, disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be available."
      its all good
    • New

I doubt they'll consider canceling. And while nothing by itself is 100% effective, masks do reduce transmission.
      Try telling this years class we're canceling due to Covid.When I told them about the outbreak in Monson and Millinocket, most could care less.
      I already had Covid last december and got vaxxed in june/july.
      Take the jab.J&J is one shot.
      its all good
    • New

max.patch wrote:

We're a nation of dumbasses. Almost half the country is too stupid to get vaccinated, but they read on facebook or twitter that horse dewormer is a cure for the covid so your local feed and seed store can't keep ivermectin in stock.
      ...and your president is way too stupid to control the border. he's lettin' thousands of illegals enter the country unmasked, unvaxed and untested. not to mention 1000s of afghans, unvetted, unvaxed, untested, unmasked.
    • New

Da Wolf wrote:

max.patch wrote:

We're a nation of dumbasses. Almost half the country is too stupid to get vaccinated, but they read on facebook or twitter that horse dewormer is a cure for the covid so your local feed and seed store can't keep ivermectin in stock.
      ...and your president is way too stupid to control the border. he's lettin' thousands of illegals enter the country unmasked, unvaxed and untested. not to mention 1000s of afghans, unvetted, unvaxed, untested, unmasked.
      Don't forget that in addition to all that in his spare time he also masterminded the Big Steal.
      2,000 miler