Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Don't like hiking in the Winter Months?

• Don't like hiking in the Winter Months?

I will be the first to tell you I am not a Gym person! I thought I hated it. But Hiking locally in snow sleet and rain - well sitting around isn't an option... Deanna and I spend way too much time with the TV and computers. So what about a low impact gym (we are in our 50's) I signed up for $10 a month and Deanna wanted massage machines so she was $20 Yup we did it... its a kick in the butt and my legs are sore right now... 1-2 hours as much as possible a week - I really like the place as it avoids the high maintenance fees to join. I swear those distances on the treadmill are lying... what you and I can do in 2-5 miles is 1/2 of that on a treadmill!

The best part is bringing some of those new head phones some of the machines can play audio from the TV's mounted above.

I think this is the best solution for those nasty cold months as you can cancel any time. Granted if I was in a mile high city I would buy snow shoes, but I don't live there. So this is a way to feel better and don't forget to bring your smart phone and Iheart or other apps.

Here is how to find a location near you... zoom up on your location and click on the closest dot. For some I will acknowledge it may be too far away.

CLICK
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: