Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

New DIY Tarp Build

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TrafficJam wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Astro wrote:

JJ, if you don't watch it you might transitioning careers from traditional construction to tent construction. :thumbup:
      Then a backpacking trip would be product testing & count as a tax write off! 8o
      Maybe he'll be so successful and busy, he'll have to hire gear testers. :whistling:
      Sounds good to me.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Astro wrote:

JJ, if you don't watch it you might transitioning careers from traditional construction to tent construction. :thumbup:
      Then a backpacking trip would be product testing & count as a tax write off! 8o
      Maybe he'll be so successful and busy, he'll have to hire gear testers. :whistling:
      I and the dog can provide feedback on how your design works in CO, UT, and ID mountains.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • I got my hour of garage time and finished up my latest creation I call my Green StealthOne. 12.3 ozs before seam sealing. This one is made of 1.1 silnylon with what I would call micro ripstop as you can barely see the grid.

On another note, if anyone would like to try out the other one I made just like this one out of the brown membrane silpoly let me know and I will box it up and send it to you. I ask that if you like it and want to keep it, send me $95 via PayPal, that's almost half of what a similar MLD Patrol would cost. If you don't like it, put it back in the box and send it back to me- you'll only be out about $6 for shipping.

Here's the membrane silypoly:
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

I got my hour of garage time and finished up my latest creation I call my Green StealthOne. 12.3 ozs before seam sealing. This one is made of 1.1 silnylon with what I would call micro ripstop as you can barely see the grid.

On another note, if anyone would like to try out the other one I made just like this one out of the brown membrane silpoly let me know and I will box it up and send it to you. I ask that if you like it and want to keep it, send me $95 via PayPal, that's almost half of what a similar MLD Patrol would cost. If you don't like it, put it back in the box and send it back to me- you'll only be out about $6 for shipping.

Here's the membrane silypoly:

nice job, nice offer!