Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

• max.patch wrote:

for all you pop culture aficionados out there...
      the bad news is "i want to marry harry" was cancelled after only 4 episodes.
      the good news is that all remaining episodes are available on comcast on demand.

Ya gotta stop watching non fiction... just saying... just a hair follicle away from Horror B Movies... :P
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • Grinder wrote:

Be wary of asking her to pet her kitty. She may write a song about you.

Born & raised English as a young boy - we have a saying .... Anyone want to pet the Pu...ehhh....Kitten?
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • Step away from the internet for a few weeks and come back to a whole new world. I have done zero hiking, biking or much of anything outside the past couple of weeks. I don't think there has been a day of less than 400% humidity and I just stayed inside. I did get to camp out overnight last month. Anyone here ever been to Fantasy Lake Scuba Park outside of Raleigh? It was definitely a scenic camping location.
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T. S. Eliot
    • Ewok11 wrote:

Step away from the internet for a few weeks and come back to a whole new world. I have done zero hiking, biking or much of anything outside the past couple of weeks. I don't think there has been a day of less than 400% humidity and I just stayed inside. I did get to camp out overnight last month. Anyone here ever been to Fantasy Lake Scuba Park outside of Raleigh? It was definitely a scenic camping location.

Welcome back ewok

Where outside of Raleigh?
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Ewok11 wrote:

Step away from the internet for a few weeks and come back to a whole new world. I have done zero hiking, biking or much of anything outside the past couple of weeks. I don't think there has been a day of less than 400% humidity and I just stayed inside. I did get to camp out overnight last month. Anyone here ever been to Fantasy Lake Scuba Park outside of Raleigh? It was definitely a scenic camping location.

Hey Ewok, glad to see you. It's hard to keep up the routine when it's so hot and humid.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Rasty wrote:

Ewok11 wrote:

Welcome back ewok

Rolesville area off 401. My husband just did his open water cert there and we camped out for the night.
      Images
      • DSC_0400 compressed.JPG

46.78 kB, 448×299, viewed 233 times
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T. S. Eliot
    • Ewok11 wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Ewok11 wrote:

Welcome back ewok

Rolesville area off 401. My husband just did his open water cert there and we camped out for the night.

Scuba diving scares me. Being a kayaker it's just unnatural to not hold your breath under water.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Rasty wrote:

Ewok11 wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Ewok11 wrote:

Welcome back ewok

Scuba diving scares me. Being a kayaker it's just unnatural to not hold your breath under water.

The Mr. is the helmeted head in my profile picture and the crazy white water kayaker of the two of us. He's also the one who did the scuba stuff. I stood on solid ground and took pictures. I would like to try it one day but I'm not in a hurry. Of course, he also mountain bikes, rock climbs, jumps out of airplanes, (ok he gets paid for that one but still) etc.. He has....thrill issues. It makes for good photographs.

LOL! We went to the white water center in Charlotte one time and I was taking pictures of him while he was boating. I guess between my tank top, sunglasses, tan ball cap and camera, I looked professional or something. One person asked if I charged for copies of the pictures because they thought I was a staff photographer and several other people thought he was some big deal and I was doing press photos or something. Put a guy in a boat and let him throw a couple of cartwheels while being followed by a girl with a camera and suddenly everyone thinks you're a big deal.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

I tried to upload some photos to the gallery but was unsuccessful, they seem to be hung out in limbo, when it hit the button "unloaded photos" (I believe that was the button)they pop up but I don' know how to finish the process.

DB, did you choose the trail and put in a title for each picture?

I did neither....was I suppose to? What if the trail is not available to choose?
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • My AC on the Honda stated making this awful sound yesterday morning so I pulled the blower motor and there was 14 years of debris that came out in one huge clump. I got lucky that the 2002 model can be pulled without removing the carpeting and computer bracket like the 1998 model that I was watching on the YouTube video. I wonder what the mechanic would have charged?
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

I tried to upload some photos to the gallery but was unsuccessful, they seem to be hung out in limbo, when it hit the button "unloaded photos" (I believe that was the button)they pop up but I don' know how to finish the process.

I did neither....was I suppose to? What if the trail is not available to choose?

Mine wouldn't load until the info about the pic was filled in.
      I think there is an "other trails" option.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

There is other trails and a few other choices.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Ewok11 wrote:

Hey Ewok, glad to see you. It's hard to keep up the routine when it's so hot and humid.

When I was out walking this morning it 87*, but my phone said it felt like 102*. And yes it is a smart phone because it really did feel it. X(
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Rasty wrote:

My AC on the Honda stated making this awful sound yesterday morning so I pulled the blower motor and there was 14 years of debris that came out in one huge clump. I got lucky that the 2002 model can be pulled without removing the carpeting and computer bracket like the 1998 model that I was watching on the YouTube video. I wonder what the mechanic would have charged?

Wow, you are a chef, webmaster, and mechanic too! Looks like you wife hit the jackpot with you. :D
    • Astro wrote:

Rasty wrote:

My AC on the Honda stated making this awful sound yesterday morning so I pulled the blower motor and there was 14 years of debris that came out in one huge clump. I got lucky that the 2002 model can be pulled without removing the carpeting and computer bracket like the 1998 model that I was watching on the YouTube video. I wonder what the mechanic would have charged?

Wow, you are a chef, webmaster, and mechanic too! Looks like you wife hit the jackpot with you. :D

I'm a YouTube mechanic. Which means I can do very simple stuff like fix a window motor, breaks, etc.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Rasty wrote:

Astro wrote:

Rasty wrote:

I'm a YouTube mechanic. Which means I can do very simple stuff like fix a window motor, breaks, etc.

Need to fix a window motor?

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • SarcasmTheElf wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Astro wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Need to fix a window motor?

That is just what I need!
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Rasty wrote:

I remember when I bought my first Big Agnes tent (Seedhouse SL2) and I was going to set it up the first time in the house and could not find any directions. So my son (then 13) pulls up a youtube video of it. It is amazing what you can learn there.
    • Astro wrote:

Rasty wrote:

I remember when I bought my first Big Agnes tent (Seedhouse SL2) and I was going to set it up the first time in the house and could not find any directions. So my son (then 13) pulls up a youtube video of it. It is amazing what you can learn there.

Back about ten years ago one of my best friends joined the Air Force and was sent over to a base in Italy for a couple years. He asked me to take care of his rifles while he was gone including a bunch that I had no knowledge of, Bushmaster AR-15, M1-A, Remington 870, Highpoint Carbine and a couple more. I remember the first time I decided to clean them all I couldn't figure out how to disassemble (or worse yet reassemble) several of them. Naturally I went to youtube and found step by step videos that walked me through each one of them.

The funny thing I found was that the best videos were the ones made by kids/teenagers. They seem to get how to calmly and patiently explain instructions in a way that is easy to understand.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.