Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Never Wet

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Years ago I purchased a bargain wide brim hat from EMS and after a few wears – it sucked in rain… wasn’t worth returning or keeping… Yet we have this new product called Never Wet – Well yes I have a can or two… SO silly me why not… Last Saturday the rain pour was dramatic… but I like hiking in the rain…Anyway – here is what I did… I have full face mask pesticide rated filters. I put that on and sprayed the base coat twice – with no issues. Waited till next day and sprayed a single top coat – and that’s where I ran into issues… dripping and a frosty residue. I am going to wait and do a second coat of the top of the hat…Test? Easy get a glass of water and drop it on the hat… if it beads – its great – if not … it needs more… and yes this treatment is not professional and hazy when done… I don’t care – if it doesn’t work – I am tossing it… and getting an OR.

[IMG:https://media.idgsupply.com/images/products/m/G8HHS0IUHRNQ.jpg]
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wise Old Owl ().

• Dmax wrote:

I'd like to try some of that on my zip off hiking pants. Just the part you zip off from the knees down.

Honest if you don't care about the color or the fact its your only pants... do 2 coats of each on the entire pant and follow directions.. the second can will haze the color... the part about shaking it often and wearing the right air filter is very important... you have to layer and let dry this product and most important - you have to turn the can upside down at the end of use to clear the pipe.
    • I am here to report the product work very well IF you follow directions. The hat "aged" in look and the repellant worked. I am very happy.

I plan to do the kayak to see an improvement in speed on river water. This will not work in sea water.