Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Hello Fellow Hikers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello Fellow Hikers

Just a short note to introduce myself, I am an older guy from Georgia who has been hiking mostly here in the Southeast for years. My favorites are the Chattooga River, Joyce Kilmer/Slickrock Wilderness Citco Creek Wilderness, and the Shining Rock Wilderness. Switched from tent camping to light weight hammock camping about a year ago. Really enjoy my hammock camping and the challenges associated with staying warm and dry while getting a good night's sleep in the woods. Have gone a little off the deep end and purchased nearly every light weight camping stove made to man. Found out that there is not one of them that is perfect for all conditions and they all pose a fire danger in the woods. It is good to be connected. Let's go camping!
    • BirdBrain, age is just a number, but mine has a lot of digits in it.

Dedicated Hanger refers to my membership in the Hammock Form as a dedicated member of society that believes that taking a nap in a hammock every day is a moral imperative. It is a must do.

I do not sell stoves, (or any other camping equipment), I just buy them and test them out for my own use. Over the years I believe I have purchased and used more than 40 stoves. I have used every white gas stove known to man. My current favorites are alcohol since they have no moving parts. My favorites are the Evernew Titanium with it's stand and the OUT-D stainless steel with its stand over a Fire Maple heat exchanger 1.6 L pot. I can actually achieve boil times for water faster than my microwave.

I do try to make as many mistakes as one can in one day. Heard that most people learn more from failure than they do success. I just forget what I did yesterday and make the same mistakes over and over.....

Let's go back packing!
    • I the spirit of full disclosure I must confess that I purchased one. I have not used it yet? I have built hundreds. I have used many of those. I don't trust the one I bought.

Allow me to walk that back a bit. I have built well over a hundred.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BirdBrain ().