Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Roll Call For Trail Days

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Roll Call For Trail Days

Just got done talking with TW and she has assured me that she is still alive and will be at Trail Days. She also asked me to find out who is gonna be there. SOOO, if you plan on attending post it here. So far we have myself along with ShuttleShellie, TrainWreck along with JustJim and TrafficJam. Rumor has it some HikerBoy dude is supposed to be there, not mentioning any names but a couple of members on here live there so I'm pretty sure they will be around. Hoping DakotaJoe can drop in. Anyway, if you're gonna be there post it here. Hope to see a lot of you there.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

MM I am going to have to say I have just discovered that I am unlikely to be there in 2015. It appears that Violet is coming to hike the Bib next year around the same time so I will postpone a Trail Days trip to 2016. It was proving difficult to fit in with Oktoberfest in Munich so we will stay in Oz until after Violet's hike. We will still be trying to do a USA leg but no longer in May.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.

OzJacko wrote:

MM I am going to have to say I have just discovered that I am unlikely to be there in 2015. It appears that Violet is coming to hike the Bib next year around the same time so I will postpone a Trail Days trip to 2016. It was proving difficult to fit in with Oktoberfest in Munich so we will stay in Oz until after Violet's hike. We will still be trying to do a USA leg but no longer in May.

That's too bad Oz. Now I will have to wait a few years before I get to meet you and Annie.
      Lost in the right direction.

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

I have never been to trail days. Is it easy to find parking and pitch a tent? What would that cost?

Are you thinking about going?

http://traildays.us/index.php?id=18

Thanks for the link.

I am waiting to get paid, and hanging around within easy driving distance of my bank. Otherwise I would be heading in that direction already. If I show up, I will wear the red blindfold, but not over my eyes. That way y'all can recognize me.
      I am human and I need to be loved - just like everybody else does

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

I have never been to trail days. Is it easy to find parking and pitch a tent? What would that cost?

Thanks for the link.

I am waiting to get paid, and hanging around within easy driving distance of my bank. Otherwise I would be heading in that direction already. If I show up, I will wear the red blindfold, but not over my eyes. That way y'all can recognize me.

Try to find us Sat night somewhere around the band stage. I'm 6'6" tall and will be with a tiny blonde haired lady about 5'3''. I tell you what, I'll be wearing a black Hog's Breath Saloon t-shirt from Key West. Shouldn't be anybody else wearing one. Might be country partner dancing with Shuttle Shellie. Just depends on how much beer and wine TJ and TW force me to drink.

milkman wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Try to find us Sat night somewhere around the band stage. I'm 6'6" tall and will be with a tiny blonde haired lady about 5'3''. I tell you what, I'll be wearing a black Hog's Breath Saloon t-shirt from Key West. Shouldn't be anybody else wearing one. Might be country partner dancing with Shuttle Shellie. Just depends on how much beer and wine TJ and TW force me to drink.

Hope to see you there, SW.

Milkman, does more wine equal more dancing?

TrafficJam wrote:

milkman wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Yes, more is more.

milkman wrote:

Try to find us Sat night somewhere around the band stage. I'm 6'6" tall and will be with a tiny blonde haired lady about 5'3''. I tell you what, I'll be wearing a black Hog's Breath Saloon t-shirt from Key West. Shouldn't be anybody else wearing one.

you should easy to spot -- the only person in damascus drinking milk. :)
      2,000 miler

max.patch wrote:

milkman wrote:

Try to find us Sat night somewhere around the band stage. I'm 6'6" tall and will be with a tiny blonde haired lady about 5'3''. I tell you what, I'll be wearing a black Hog's Breath Saloon t-shirt from Key West. Shouldn't be anybody else wearing one.

you should easy to spot -- the only person in damascus drinking milk. :)

I've been known to do that for sure.

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

milkman wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Yes, more is more.

I'm bringing a keg :lol:

I don't know if I didn't sync my tablet or it failed. I just looked at it & said I'm free. After I was the one that booked lodging at $200 a night, non refundable it was to late to back out. gif.003 2.gif

TrafficJam wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Still mad at myself for not recognizing the dates when I said yes to this show in M gif.003 I. I head out 6am tomorrow. Just do me a favor & slow Hikerboy down enough so he doesn't get to Fort Bastion before I return there on Tuesday. :evil:

Did you lose your calendar? :) We'll miss you.

Mountain-Mike wrote:

I don't know if I didn't sync my tablet or it failed. I just looked at it & said I'm free. After I was the one that booked lodging at $200 a night, non refundable it was to late to back out. gif.003 2.gif

TrafficJam wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Still mad at myself for not recognizing the dates when I said yes to this show in M gif.003 I. I head out 6am tomorrow. Just do me a favor & slow Hikerboy down enough so he doesn't get to Fort Bastion before I return there on Tuesday. :evil:

Did you lose your calendar? :) We'll miss you.

Just teasing. I just started using the calendar on my phone. It's a pain. My little pocket calendar is much easier but tends to get lost.

TrafficJam wrote:

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

milkman wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Yes, more is more.

sounds like I'm going to miss all the fun. :(
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference

milkman wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Thanks for the link.

So you advertising that you are proud member of the Conch Republic? :silly:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

milkman wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Yes, more is more.

Stupid phone. I hit thank you by mistake on the last post. No reason to thank that one. I am missing the fun too.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

Astro wrote:

milkman wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Yes, we succeeded where others had failed.

milkman wrote:

Astro wrote:

milkman wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Yes, we succeeded where others had failed.

Well then I guess I will reserve hope for the place.

BirdBrain wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

milkman wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Yes, more is more.

Stupid phone. I hit thank you by mistake on the last post. No reason to thank that one. I am missing the fun too.

I wish all my friends, and their amazing spouses, could go too. I'd love to meet you all. One day I will.
    • Re:Re: Roll Call For Trail Days

Astro wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Not good enough.
      Maybe show me a menu from the Blue Blaze Cafe, or possibly, the Damascus Brewery :lol:

Need to report that someone has hacked into the system and is using Train Wreck's login. :silly:

She has just been gone so long that you forgot what she was like. :eek:
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Re:Re: Roll Call For Trail Days

drivel wrote:

Astro wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Not good enough.
      Maybe show me a menu from the Blue Blaze Cafe, or possibly, the Damascus Brewery :lol:

Need to report that someone has hacked into the system and is using Train Wreck's login. :silly:

Who is this Train Wreck person?

Good question. Seems like I used to know her in a prior life.