Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Hike for Heroes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hike for Heroes

I didn't see anything posted about this anywhere else, so hopefully it's not a duplicate.

This year the Hike for Heroes team has a father/son duo thru hiking the AT. Dad has had to pull back to supporting his teenage son by car travel for now due to a pretty severe Achilles tendon injury. The kid, Hunter (I saw his trail name in a comment on FB somewhere but I can't seem to find it right now) is currently hiking with another pair, Big Bear and Dolittle. He appears to be making pretty good time from my amateur perspective. As of this morning he was headed out of Spivey Gap.

I don't often promote charities or other people's hikes but this one is something I believe in, so I would like to see this kid make it all the way to Maine while raising money for a good cause.

Anyway, those of you who are along the trail, be on the lookout for Hunter. I hope he makes it all the way.

https://www.facebook.com/HikeForHeroes.org?fref=nf
      http://activeheroes.org/
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T. S. Eliot
    • Hike for Heroes

Hunter is in Damascus for some down time. Those of you in the area, be on the lookout for the kid with the banner and his dad with the truck (which I think might have magnet decals on it).
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T. S. Eliot
    • Hike for Heroes

He may have passed me on the AT near Clingman's Dome. I just looked at the FB link and he was at Newfound Gap on 4/19. A young man passed me that day with a flag on his pack.

He walked up behind me and said something but I didn't hear him so when he got close, he scared the you-know-what out of me. :lol:
      Lost in the right direction.