Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Results of Beauty Spot kidnapping two years ago.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Results of Beauty Spot kidnapping two years ago.

Mountain-Mike wrote:

This is really messed up!
      http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/114385/man-pleads-guilty-in-attempt-to-take-hikers-hostage-gets-probation

Probation, seriously.WTF?

Eccl 8:11 "Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."

We need a justice system that is geared toward protecting the innocent and not forgiving the guilty. I could tell you how that can happen, but it would start a political rant. Moving on and enjoying the few years of sane freedom we have left.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • Re:Re: Results of Beauty Spot kidnapping two years ago.

Mountain-Mike wrote:

This is really messed up!
      http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/114385/man-pleads-guilty-in-attempt-to-take-hikers-hostage-gets-probation

Probation, seriously.WTF?

He's a junkie so he not responsible for his actions due to his illness.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Re:Results of Beauty Spot kidnapping two years ago.

As I said on the other site, I am not so bothered by the probation, it is the potential to have the charges dropped with the court diversion.

This is certainly one where the felony charges should stick and remain with the perp.
      Of course I talk to myself... sometimes I need expert advice.

Tuckahoe wrote:

As I said on the other site, I am not so bothered by the probation, it is the potential to have the charges dropped with the court diversion.

This is certainly one where the felony charges should stick and remain with the perp.

I am bothered by both points. Holding prople at gunpoint/kidnapping & probation? Then if he is a good boy it all goes away. He didn't walk away from it & turn himself in. He was overpowered by those he tried to kidnap & hog tied. I guess he was smling in his pic because he was related to local LEOs if I recall correctly. Or maybe just to high on pills.

I just wish I could wipe the smile off the jerks face. Unbelievable... who was the judge? he needs jail time.

You have no idea what it's like to have a gun pointed at you and your friends... it happened to me at 18 while visiting my friend's girlfriend and the brother showed up and thought it was a cool joke...never forgot it.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: