Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Earthquake

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Forget about the upcoming eclipse, did anybody else feel the earthquake this morning. We were sitting in a funeral home and the whole place began to rumble and shake. Evidently the quake was centered in NJ
      , a little west of NYC and was a 4.7 on the Richter scale. Now that was cool since no real damage was done. 8o
    • LI Hikers, I felt it all the way here in Boston. About 10:25 AM I felt my chair moving. Went out into the hall, "Anyone else feel that?" "Yup, was that the wind? Nope, had to have been an earthquake.'" I knew for sure when I tried to log into our local Geology station to see the seismograph (BC's Weston Observatory) and their server was too overwhelmed with requests to reply.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • Have you read about the 101 floor tall building in Tiawan? It has a pendulum near the top for absorbing vibrations. Says you may go up and view it. Other cameras aimed at the building during their earthquake showed other buildings moving....and not the 101 tall one. WOW.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • I didn't feel it, but I saw it.

I was on a Zoom call with a colleague that lives in Easton PA. Everyone on the call noticed his camera shaking and someone even posted in the chat "Are you having an earthquake there?" We all chuckled until he checked the news and came off mute with "Actually, yes. We did have an earthquake here."
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard