Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

ATC Magazine, Ministry of Funny Walks

• ATC Magazine, Ministry of Funny Walks

Does anyone remember when the ATC Magazine had a page entitled "The MInistry of Funny Walks"? Did this magazine have a different name prior to being called "Journeys"? I have found the Journeys archives, which go back to 2010, but this is not a part of those editions. I am looking in particular for a poem entitled "Why I Hate the Appalachian Trail." It was in what must have been a pre-2010 edition. I used to have this fabulous poem in a frame, but when we moved north it somehow didn't make the move with us. I would LOVE to locate this again. Any ideas? BTW, I really appreciate the AppalachianTrailCafe. Especially mid-winter in Wisconsin.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Forward ().

• Yes, "Journeys" was preceded by "Appalachian Trailway News" which many, including myself, consider was a superior magazine.

The poem you are looking for is in the Nov-Dec 2003 edition. I've linked to the issue below, it's on the last page (inside back cover) of the issue. (I'm guessing a computer will be superior to a phone for viewing this).

A few years ago in perhaps an overzealous bout of downsizing, I gave away decades of ATNs. Journeys I read and then it goes to the recycling bin.

I bet you can find old issues for sale on ebay, but I didn't check.

yumpu.com/en/document/read/470…lachian-trail-conservancy
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• I have that book! Robert Alden Rubin, On the Beaten Path - An Appalachian Pilgrimage. But I never made the connection between the book and the poem, though they "lived" just a few feet apart for years. Thanks for the information, Astro. It will be the next book I reread. It has been a great literary day.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Forward ().