Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

"Free" pillow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "Free" pillow

On either on social media or email, i often get links from "influencers" who make money posting videos about hiking. I was watching one recently and he said "just for watching this video, you qualify for a free backpacking pillow". I dont recall what the video was. Maybe someone here knows.

I hate to think i can be influenced by influencers, or be stupid enough to think anthing is really free, but i gave in to better judgement and clicked.

It took me to the web site of a company i had not heard of, Outdoor Vitals. I first thought SCAM, but a search of some 3rd party reviews made it seem legit. Indeed the pillow was not free, but "free" after S&H. So i assume S&H will be something outrageous, but in the cart the total was only $6.48. The pillow seemed very similar to my StS Delux inflatable i already have and am happy with. So while not gullible enough to think it is free, i am gullible enough to pay $6.48 for a pillow I dont really need.

It came today, and looks nice. It is not as thick or plush as my StS Delux, and the valve, while perfectly functional, is not as fancy, it is a pretty nice pillow, certainly worth $6.48. It would shave a few grams (84 g vs 113 g, not including the storage sacks).
      Cof123