Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pine Log Creek Trail (North GA)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pine Log Creek Trail (North GA)

this was a 4.5 mile dayhike that i did 12/13/15. the highlight of the hike is a quarry you come to halfway into the hike. i imagine many hikers take a dip in the summer; it would be a great hike to take your dog on. dogs are permitted on the trail if leashed. there was one dog there; he would jump in the water and then immediately get out. while it was a nice day i'm sure the water temperature was too low to play in.

the hike has 2 loops. i hiked counter clockwise, and getting to the quarry was a series of ups and downs. the return trip was totally different; a long seemingly neverending uphill slog followed by an even longer downhill. it was more difficult than i anticipated; taking me 1:35 hiking time which is slow for me for a hike of this distance. in looking for a map before i left i came across a meetup group which indicated a minimum time of 2:20. that would probably be reasonable for a non hiker out for the day. signage could be better; i referred to my paper map a couple times. i actually made a wrong turn onto a closed section which increased the distance slightly but it hooked back up to the trail shortly. another time i came to an unmarked intersection and luckily there was a regular who happened to be there who pointed out the correct way.

the location is about 30 miles N of atlanta just E of I-75.

atlantatrails.com/hiking-trail…il-and-quarry/#directions

2,000 miler