Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Spring Hike on the BMT

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unfortunately, the answer is no. :)

For several reasons. I wasn't lying when I said I'm a bad planner. I'm terrible at planning events for multiple people and get really stressed out. It's not my thing. Plus, my life is too busy and complicated to commit to anything this far in advance.

Is anyone else interested in doing this?
      Lost in the right direction.
    • twistwrist wrote:

I'm only going to hit a few sections of it that I've yet to do. Not sure which yet. Going to be back on the AT some this spring and maybe even the PCT this summer if the $$ is there.

lots of good breweries around the PCT. The first photo is at Cascade Locks. The 2nd isn't near the PCT, it's in Portland, called Basecamp Brewing Company. I heard about it from the ' Trail Show.
      Images
      • image.jpeg

96.81 kB, 800×600, viewed 359 times
      • image.jpeg

140.34 kB, 800×600, viewed 369 times
    • TrafficJam wrote:

twistwrist wrote:

I'm only going to hit a few sections of it that I've yet to do. Not sure which yet. Going to be back on the AT some this spring and maybe even the PCT this summer if the $$ is there.
      lots of good breweries around the PCT. The first photo is at Cascade Locks. The 2nd isn't near the PCT, it's in Portland, called Basecamp Brewing Company. I heard about it from the ' Trail Show.
      I got an earfull at Cascade Locks from Cindy while waiting on her Mom to pick us up for a day off the trail when I ordered a Bud. She lectured me on how I was in the microbrew capitol of the nation..., etc. The waitress tatically retreated utill her rant was over. To keep the peace I went with a local microbrew.
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

twistwrist wrote:

I got an earfull at Cascade Locks from Cindy while waiting on her Mom to pick us up for a day off the trail when I ordered a Bud. She lectured me on how I was in the microbrew capitol of the nation..., etc. The waitress tatically retreated utill her rant was over. To keep the peace I went with a local microbrew.
      sacrilege