Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Long Start To The Journey

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Long Start To The Journey

Just so you know, the DVD (and Blu-Ray) version is finally available: theatmovie.com

Less than 48 hrs. from click to receiving it via USPS. Watched it tonight with Merry.

And a personal thank-you from Frost and Sunshine. Nice touch.

In case you haven't heard or I haven't mentioned it, it's the best movie ever about thru-hiking. Forget Redford and Nolte, this is the real thing.
      Images
      • frostsunshine.jpg

75.27 kB, 800×450, viewed 292 times
    • I'm likely going to buy it this weekend.

Is it a movie or a documentary?

Have you watched Jester's CDT or PCT documentary? If so, how does this movie compare?
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • Haven't seen Jester's stuff. Where do I find it?

Chris' film is a documentary of his hike. Amazing cinematography, good story. A heartfelt, honest story. It's really about Chris (Frost) and his bride Larissa (Sunshine.) She'd thru-hiked twice before he went.

In the final cut he's mixed in some good AT history, a bit of LNT stuff. There are brief interviews/cameos from various ATC and NPS honchos. (No, not Jack or Warren or Lone Wolf.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by rafe ().

• rafe wrote:

Haven't seen Jester's stuff. Where do I find it?

Chris' film is a documentary of his hike. Amazing cinematography, good story. A heartfelt, honest story. It's really about Chris (Frost) and his bride Larissa (Sunsshine.) She'd thru-hiked twice before he went.

In the final cut he's mixed in some good AT history, a bit of LNT stuff. There are brief interviews/cameos from various ATC and NPS honchos. (No, not Jack or Warren or Lone Wolf.)
      Did we see that at last years Gathering?
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • CoachLou wrote:

rafe wrote:

Chris' film is a documentary of his hike. Amazing cinematography, good story. A heartfelt, honest story. It's really about Chris (Frost) and his bride Larissa (Sunsshine.) She'd thru-hiked twice before he went.

Yes, but what we saw was not the final draft. There are a few differences, nothing major.
    • rafe wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

rafe wrote:

Yes, but what we saw was not the final draft. There are a few differences, nothing major.
      That is what I thought! And it was very good.
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup: