Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Kokopelli Trail...anyone?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kokopelli Trail...anyone?

Anticipating an early fall KT solo hike but am concerned with sufficient water access. Other folks have written of stashing water along the trail. Has anyone on this site completed this hike?

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC

Hey Dan76 I see you been a member for a couple of weeks now and this is your first post. Just like to say hello and welcome. Mountain Mike is from out that way and has done a lot of hiking out there so maybe he can help you out. Stick around and again welcome.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

You might want to talk with one of the outfitters in Moab to see if they can help you with logistics. It seems to be a popular biking trail, so you might be able to work out a deal with them and have them stash water for you. The info I gathered mentions meeting up with support vehicles, so you may be able to have the outfitter stash the water along the route if they're going to be out there shuttling riders anyway.