Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Firefly delivers an odd mention after the concert.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Firefly delivers an odd mention after the concert.

Firefly is a huge success in Dover Delaware but Saturday delivered a really bad storm that shut down the venue at 10PM. The winds were exceptional and the rain dropped 1-2 inches in places. When I passed thru Monday afternoon the bulk of the damaged tents were bundled up and still in the tent sites. those that were left behind were toast. They had collapsed on people during the storm. There was lots of them in the tent city. Lets say this some companies that manufacture tents are tested by fireman with full throttle hose on the tent, they are by design there to survive. Most tents are not tested. Just an FYI do some checking before you purchase.

The music? Awesome.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • There's a bumper crop of fireflies (aka lightning bugs) this year, first noticed it on the Etowah River and now the back yard. Wish had a video of the tree frog stuck to the french door glass going out to the deck, he had swollowed a firefly one night, every time the bug lit up you could see through the frog, he became a light bulb,really neat.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • We live on the back waters of a large lake and have a lot of cat tails and bugs to provide good habitat for all types of frogs, at times it's almost deafening they're so loud, don't get a lot of the large bull frogs, the wife has trained the dogs to chase away the herons to keep them from eating the bull frogs.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • WiseOldOwl wrote:

Firefly is a huge success in Dover Delaware but Saturday delivered a really bad storm that shut down the venue at 10PM. The winds were exceptional and the rain dropped 1-2 inches in places. When I passed thru Monday afternoon the bulk of the damaged tents were bundled up and still in the tent sites. those that were left behind were toast. They had collapsed on people during the storm. There was lots of them in the tent city. Lets say this some companies that manufacture tents are tested by fireman with full throttle hose on the tent, they are by design there to survive. Most tents are not tested. Just an FYI do some checking before you purchase.

The music? Awesome.
      i've used google translate, and still cannot figure out what this post was about. what was the odd mention they delivered?
      its all good
    • WiseOldOwl wrote:

Lets say this some companies that manufacture tents are tested by fireman with full throttle hose on the tent, they are by design there to survive. Most tents are not tested. Just an FYI do some checking before you purchase.
      woo, are you sure about that? i can't imagine ANY backpacking tent standing up to a firemans hose at full throttle.

paging grinder...
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

Lets say this some companies that manufacture tents are tested by fireman with full throttle hose on the tent, they are by design there to survive. Most tents are not tested. Just an FYI do some checking before you purchase.
      woo, are you sure about that? i can't imagine ANY backpacking tent standing up to a firemans hose at full throttle.
      paging grinder...

I dont remember exactly which tent manufacture is doing this because its a few years ago. I know it is not on You Tube.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wise Old Owl ().

• hikerboy wrote:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

The music? Awesome.
      i've used google translate, and still cannot figure out what this post was about. what was the odd mention they delivered?
      I'm up all night with few distractions so I have the time and I've tried for two days to no avail. I finally put my decoder ring back in my desk and said fugit.
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.