Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Need advice as I finish my section hike

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need advice as I finish my section hike

Ok, I'm planning to finish my hike this July, plan to reach Abol Bridge on a Tuesday and will likely hitch to Millinocket (Wife and two grown sons fly in and will meet me in Millinocket on Wednesday. Plan then is for my boys and I to hike Abol - to KSC on Thursday (wife will drop us off and pick up). Then I've allowed Friday or Sat to summit weather depending.....all fly home on Sunday. Do I make daytime parking reservations for KSC for both Friday and Saturday. The wife will not be climbing but sure she wants to be there late afternoon upon our return. From my understanding I can't make reservations before two weeks out? Is that correct? Advice appreciated.
    • sorry, i can't give you advice on how best to work this all out, but i can confirm that your understanding of reservations is correct. maine residents can reserve any time after april 1; out of state folks can not reserve more than 2 weeks in advance. good luck.
      2,000 miler