Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

kirkland (costco) merino wool hiking socks

• kirkland (costco) merino wool hiking socks

anyone ever use these? 70% merino wool, 4 pairs for $12. my calculator says that works out to $3 a pair.

i currently use wright or rrs coolmax running socks, was going to pick up some darn toughs but at $20 a pair....
      2,000 miler

max.patch wrote:

anyone ever use these? 70% merino wool, 4 pairs for $12. my calculator says that works out to $3 a pair.

i currently use wright or rrs coolmax running socks, was going to pick up some darn toughs but at $20 a pair....

darn toughs come with a lifetime warranty.and definitely the best socks ive hiked in.
      its all good

max.patch wrote:

Feet are the wrong place to have money be deciding factor. I know that is not your question. I know nothing of the socks you ask about. I do know I would pay $40 a pair for my Darn Toughs if that was as cheap as I could get them for.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

max.patch wrote:

Somebody mentioned these socks before, I don't know who it was. I have no experience with them but 70% is a good percentage of wool. More than a lot of major brands.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.