Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Harriman Park, 2014-01-17/20

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Harriman Park, 2014-01-17/20

BirdBrain wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

aficion wrote:

And that makes 5 for now. G'night again all. :side:
      and that makes one for me....my very first 1,000 post in the new cafe.....yeah buddy!

who wants to go for two

You loser. I am going to drive my Karma over you when I can. I gave one away or you would get it now. 52

RS thanked me for something I have not done yet. :woohoo:

Am I allowed to quote myself while committing thread drift?
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

BirdBrain wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

aficion wrote:

and that makes one for me....my very first 1,000 post in the new cafe.....yeah buddy!

who wants to go for two

You loser. I am going to drive my Karma over you when I can. I gave one away or you would get it now. 52

I would report the both of you, but the proprietor of this joint is off hiking :angry:
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

CoachLou wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

aficion wrote:

who wants to go for two

I would report the both of you, but the proprietor of this joint is off hiking :angry:

Yeah, and he's obviously doing it all wrong or it wouldn't be raining. :unsure:
      ................................................................................

Hey Lou, that youtube video you have in your signature is messing up how your posts are displayed on the mobile version of the site. Every post you make gets mis-sized and the right half of it gets cut off.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

I made it here!! Thanks Teacher. I think I'll probably meet up with Teacher & Soxs ... wherever in Harriman that may be. Sounds like a blast ... can't wait :)
      “Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren't a state of being, but rather a room where I could retreat to be who I really was.”
      ― Cheryl Strayed

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

Hey Lou, that youtube video you have in your signature is messing up how your posts are displayed on the mobile version of the site. Every post you make gets mis-sized and the right half of it gets cut off.

Can't see it that way, I only have a desk top and dumb phone!......I don't known why it isn't just an address anyway!
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

rocksNsocks wrote:

And there you have it LT. I guess what I should have said is I have not firmed up my departure plans as of yet, but my tentative plan is to drive up your way (NY), meet up Our current plan is to be at Elk Pwith Teacher & snacktime somewhere...park, and head to where everyone else is.

Our current plan is to be at Elk Pen Pkg lot on Friday....fairly early (at least noonish) and hike 3-4 miles to the Fingerboard Shelter through the Lemon Squeezer. If it's snowy or icy, this is conditional on the ability of those with whom we plan to hike being available (Another Kevin has spikes for us and Rocketsocks needs help toting his Uke).

We need to leave early to get to the shelter in time to get a fire going, etc before dark.....we really are quite slow.

I had to wipeout the smileys and get rid of some spaces. It was easier to copy the link into Word & then get rid of the stuff and then copy & paste again in the address bar. I couldn't get my avatar to come over, but I'll work on that when I get home.
      “Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren't a state of being, but rather a room where I could retreat to be who I really was.”
      ― Cheryl Strayed

I'm very interested in joining you for this weekend. I notice my friend Moose717 also signed up. Because of work will probably only be able to do Sat. - Mon. Looking forward to getting more information.

CrazyB wrote:

I'm very interested in joining you for this weekend. I notice my friend Moose717 also signed up. Because of work will probably only be able to do Sat. - Mon. Looking forward to getting more information.

Welcome to the café CrazyB. Glad you're here and you've come to the right place. I myself will not be going but have met a couple of the hikers who are and you're gonna have fun. They're a good bunch. Again, welcome to the other side.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

, welcome to the other side.

the dark side?
      the lite side?
      inside or outside?
      ― Cheryl Strayed

CrazyB wrote:

Awesome!!
      ― Cheryl Strayed

rocksNsocks wrote:

ChooChooTrain wrote:

moose717 wrote:

the dark side?
      the lite side?
      inside or outside?

Don't forget the back side
      it's ma best side

... and my big, bright side -- TMI? :P
      ― Cheryl Strayed

rocksNsocks wrote:

moose717 wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

ChooChooTrain wrote:

moose717 wrote:

the dark side?
      the lite side?
      inside or outside?

it's ma best side

more like ...
      Images
      • myfatass.png

97.52 kB, 255×199, viewed 149 times
      ― Cheryl Strayed

moose717 wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

moose717 wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

ChooChooTrain wrote:

moose717 wrote:

the dark side?
      the lite side?
      inside or outside?

it's ma best side

more like ...

how do I add the picture not as an attachment?? https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFxr7wuWA9nJHkBFJ6ycPUbnHE-iVrOKl6p6GX-mJiqtImLSvb
      ― Cheryl Strayed

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

Teacher wrote:

Just went back to check & can't find the latest headcount, but I'm pretty sure it was 13, since when I last counted I suggested to Snacktime that we invite Bilbo Baggins to make it a luckier number.

Excellent reference! I just finished reading The Hobbit for the third time.

You have to do that on a yo-yo hike, because it's There and Back Again. :)
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.

rocksNsocks wrote:

A.T.Lt wrote:

How do I get in on this hike? I may be interested…where and when are you guys starting and ending?

Hi Lt. Dan, I don't think it's been firmed up as of yet, but your in, just keep checkin back. "Another Kevin" is spear heading it. But it sounds like it's shapin up.

It's 1azarus's trip - but he asked me to plan an easy route because he only knows how to plan high-mileage ones. :)

We've got enough people signing up that we're probably going to need to split the party to avoid overcrowding. In which case we're talking about two hikes, probably one on A-T (Elk Pen to Bear Mountain) and one on another trail. Ramapo-Dunderberg, Suffern-Bear Mountain and Long Path are all good, or else we combine other stuff.

moose717 wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

ChooChooTrain wrote:

moose717 wrote:

the dark side?
      the lite side?
      inside or outside?

it's ma best side

Just keep your sunny side up and your greasy side down. Drive safely, always! :)

AnotherKevin wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

A.T.Lt wrote:

How do I get in on this hike? I may be interested…where and when are you guys starting and ending?

Hi Lt. Dan, I don't think it's been firmed up as of yet, but your in, just keep checkin back. "Another Kevin" is spear heading it. But it sounds like it's shapin up.

It's 1azarus's trip - but he asked me to plan an easy route because he only knows how to plan high-mileage ones. :)

We've got enough people signing up that we're probably going to need to split the party to avoid overcrowding. In which case we're talking about two hikes, probably one on A-T (Elk Pen to Bear Mountain) and one on another trail. Ramapo-Dunderberg, Suffern-Bear Mountain and Long Path are all good, or else we combine other stuff.
      Sounds good, love that map you posted also Kevin, such clarity and thee expanse is awesome. great for planning.

http://kbk.is-a-geek.net/catskills/test2.html?la=41.265&lo=-74.120&z=13

CrazyB wrote:

The first post in the thread gives the basics. For the 'short bus' hikers, the Saturday night stop will most likely be William Brien (Letterrock Mountain) shelter. For the high-milers, there is likely a longer loop in the works. The whole trip is going to be pretty disorganized. It's more about hanging out and having fun than it is about particular destinations. Although of course, we'll all be looking out for one another.

rocksNsocks wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

Weird! How come I got to post a reference to my map and you didn't? That's odd...

Oh wait, you had two http://http:// in there. That broke it.
      I've tried to hyper link it under the word map, but it hasn't worked yet, ugh!

It should look like

Source Code

1. [ur l=ht tp://kbk.is-a-geek.net/catskills/test2.html?la=41.265&lo=-74.120&z=13] map [/ur l]
      - except take out the spaces in 'url' and 'http', which are there only so that you can see how to type it.

AnotherKevin wrote:

CrazyB wrote:

The first post in the thread gives the basics. For the 'short bus' hikers, the Saturday night stop will most likely be William Brien (Letterrock Mountain) shelter. For the high-milers, there is likely a longer loop in the works. The whole trip is going to be pretty disorganized. It's more about hanging out and having fun than it is about particular destinations. Although of course, we'll all be looking out for one another.
      [hide]would you park on seven lakes parkway to access this area?[/hide]

rocksNsocks wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

CrazyB wrote:

[hide]would you park on seven lakes parkway to access this area?[/hide]

Yer likin' that hidden text thingy ain't ya.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • Seasonal Road Closures at Harriman-Bear Mountain

Seasonal Road Closures at Harriman-Bear Mountain State Parks in Effect

Date: 12/03/2013
      Source: Palisades Interstate Park Commission
      PC Region: West Hudson

Bear Mountain State Park's Perkins Memorial Drive closed for the season on December 2, 2013.

Harriman Section: Tiorati Brook Road, Arden Valley Road, Exit 16 on the Palisades Interstate Parkway to Lake Welch Drive are closed December 1, 2013 to April 1, 2014. The only portion of Lake Welch Drive that remains open is from Seven Lakes Drive to St. Johns.

Something's wrong with at least the preview function, if not all text rendering. I'm seeing a smiley after every punctuation mark in this message.