Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• whokilledtheelectriccar.com/

In this 2006 documentary a former GM Board of directors member explained why we have hybrids instead of electric cars.

Hybrids have all the maintenance costs of a regular vehicle and an electric vehicle. An electric vehicle needs very little maintenance.

The reason the auto industry used to kill the electric car was because this car didn't fit the driving needs of all Americans. It only fit the needs of 95% of Americans as the second family car.

All but one of these California electric cars were crushed as soon as the lease was over.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Rasty wrote:

whokilledtheelectriccar.com/

In this 2006 documentary a former GM Board of directors member explained why we have hybrids instead of electric cars.

Hybrids have all the maintenance costs of a regular vehicle and an electric vehicle. An electric vehicle needs very little maintenance.

The reason the auto industry used to kill the electric car was because this car didn't fit the driving needs of all Americans. It only fit the needs of 95% of Americans as the second family car.

All but one of these California electric cars were crushed as soon as the lease was over.

great movie
      its all good
    • After a bunch of "how cold is it?" I said "So cold Bill climbed back in bed with Hillary" on one post out of two and I got this....

PM FROM ALI

Alligator wrote:

Hi WOO,

You completely know better to keep the politics off the site, whether it's humor or not. Your account has been placed on moderated status for 10-14 days.

Alligator

Yea sorry I forgot. It was more about how cold it was and I remember an old joke I heard again recently on TV. I keep thinking you keep moving the ball on the yardline... IF you search Bill Clinton on WB - its a wopping 4222 hits. So I wasn't the only one.. That's OK John I was sitting around tonight and out of 140 members I only recognized three. You made your point.

Not the same WB anymore. No apologies.

Woo

Really sucks being 53....anyway I posted this not for sympathy - I don't care for it. I shared this so if anyone here wonders why I am not posting over there.... but my guess is that few of you are. There was a thing though that stood out.
      1 He is keeping a diary of violations on members.
      2. there were well over 1000 lurkers some are spambots and google bots... membership is way down.

Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

The post was edited 4 times, last by Wise Old Owl ().

• hikerboy wrote:

the chevy corvette stingray is rated 29 mpg on the hwy!! thats 450 hp!!

My 2500HD diesel is over 400hp and I get just over 20mpg at 80mph on the highway all day long.
      They've come a long way with efficiency. I'll take that kind of muscle and efficiency all day long.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • WiseOldOwl wrote:

After a bunch of "how cold is it?" I said "So cold Bill climbed back in bed with Hillary" on one post out of two and I got this....

PM FROM ALI

Alligator wrote:

Hi WOO,

You completely know better to keep the politics off the site, whether it's humor or not. Your account has been placed on moderated status for 10-14 days.

Alligator

Yea sorry I forgot. It was more about how cold it was and I remember an old joke I heard again recently on TV. I keep thinking you keep moving the ball on the yardline... IF you search Bill Clinton on WB - its a wopping 4222 hits. So I wasn't the only one.. That's OK John I was sitting around tonight and out of 140 members I only recognized three. You made your point.

Woo

Really sucks being 53....anyway I posted this not for sympathy - I don't care for it. I shared this so if anyone here wonders why I am not posting over there.... but my guess is that few of you are. There was a thing though that stood out.
      2. there were well over 1000 lurkers some are spambots and google bots... membership is way down.

So, is it 10 or 14 days?
    • grayblazer wrote:

Showoff. I was gonna post a pic of my Honda Crosstour but now I'm too embarrassed.At least I can take it off road cuz it sits pretty high.

I've got a '91 Accord that you can't kill. I really like that model. In fact, I'm flying down to FL the end of this month to buy another. A 2000 Accord EX garage kept 63,000 mile $4000. Absolute mint condition. But I wont be taking it off road.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • OK, I'll break my silence about WB. I used to love that website and I would look at it day and night. The Gallery there was excellent and my favorite part. Then Alligator started deleting my posts. I would look and say to myself, " Self, you must have not submitted your message so I would type it again and it would disappear again."" What is this?" I said to myself. I don't usually flame people and I try to have a little fun so I couldn't figure it out.

Then one time I had a dream about SGT. Rock, Dixi and Mathewski. There were real Alligators in it. Now I don't believe in dream interpretation. I just have stupid dreams and I thought it would be fun if Mathewski tried to interpret it. (Matt, I still think you could have responded to some of my posts instead of ignoring me like I'm some sort of weirdo. I guess it takes one to know one).

Well, to make a short story longer, the long post disappeared. Well, I typed it all out again and it disappeared again.
      It turns out that Al does interpret dreams and he thought the reference to Alligators was about him which is further proof that he is more of a narcissist than my friend the wolf (the pithy one).

Then he started deleting tons of my posts, a lot of which were actually helpful, I believe and absolutely harmless. I got kicked off the website prolly cuz I was pissed at ALLY )I really can't remember. I emailed ATtroll and he let me back on, but said I would be closely monitored. I forget what made me quit, but I think it was I got a warning from Al and I just had enough. It may have been the time HB and I were using Prezzies names in regular conversation in the cafe like "Have you driven a Ford lately?" or "I peed on a Bush on Yellow Mountain". Anyway I don't go there. I guess I'm still a member although I deleted my gallery.

I started hanging out at Rock's, but that's a whole 'nother story. People who I wanted to be friends with hate me there cuz I'm worse than ISIS.

I love this site and I don't hate anyone. If I've offended you, I'm sorry. If I haven't offended you. I'm really sorry.
    • I've got a '91 Accord that you can't kill. I really like that model. In fact, I'm flying down to FL the end of this month to buy another. A 2000 Accord EX garage kept 63,000 mile $4000. Absolute mint condition. But I wont be taking it off road.[/quote]

Our 04 Accord was great. Broke a Motor Mount though. I don't know how. I never took it off road. I would drive my CrossTour to the top of Snowbird if I got the chance.
    • Grayblazer you are well loved here.
      My biggest gripe about WB is that I can't get back on and delete my gallery.
      I dislike my photos being on a site others can access and I can't. I would like to delete all trace of me there.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.
    • grayblazer wrote:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

After a bunch of "how cold is it?" I said "So cold Bill climbed back in bed with Hillary" on one post out of two and I got this....

PM FROM ALI

Alligator wrote:

Hi WOO,

Alligator

Woo

So, is it 10 or 14 days?

I guess it is 2 weeks and he can not remember if he works weekends or not. :rolleyes:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • milkman wrote:

grayblazer wrote:

Showoff. I was gonna post a pic of my Honda Crosstour but now I'm too embarrassed.At least I can take it off road cuz it sits pretty high.

I've got a '91 Accord that you can't kill. I really like that model. In fact, I'm flying down to FL the end of this month to buy another. A 2000 Accord EX garage kept 63,000 mile $4000. Absolute mint condition. But I wont be taking it off road.

Instead of flying you should take the big grey dog so you can have a real adventure. :D
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • hikerboy wrote:

really, can we put this crap to bed. if it weren't for whiteblaze , this site wouldn't exist, and many friendships here wouldn't have ever happened. if I met alligator, I would be happy to have a beer with him.
      please stop whining about his moderating. it doesn't belong here.

it's your website, you get to make the rules. That's how that works.
    • socks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

really, can we put this crap to bed. if it weren't for whiteblaze , this site wouldn't exist, and many friendships here wouldn't have ever happened. if I met alligator, I would be happy to have a beer with him.

I would prefer not to play alligator here so I would appreciate some self restraint.
      thank you
      its all good
    • hikerboy wrote:

socks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

I would prefer not to play alligator here so I would appreciate some self restraint.
      thank you

sounds reasonable to me, i'm sure alligator would want the same thing.
    • I'm still undecided between the Crosstrek and the Forester. I'm leaning towards the Crosstrek because it's smaller...I've never driven an SUV and I really don't need a lot of room. I wanted to wait until spring or summer but the 2014's are discounted about $3000. I don't know anything about car buying...should I jump on the year-end clearance or hold out like I planned?
      Lost in the right direction.