Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

REI Reward

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• $240; $1.50 from REI purchases (I'm almost always under $10) and the rest from the cash back on other purchases. I've recently started paying my fathers bills and I use the REI credit card to do that.

I don't need anything. I think I need to open a new credit card for Dad's purchases so I don't get rewards that are only good at REI. :)
      2,000 miler
    • $51.94.
      I used a REI Gift card from Christmas to buy a new fleece. They then sent an email with a link/code for another $20 off, but had to use it from 2/15 thru I think the end of February. I bought some new Merrell's. So next set of shoes or something will use the reward.

and FYI, when I went to reorder my MOAB's, they were out of stock! I checked sizes and they were all sold out. I then figured out they have updated the soles and now are MOAB 3. Soles are supposed to have better grip. I never had many issues with the old Vibram sole, but I'll see how these work. I figure they are a bit softer rubber. Which also will mean they wear out quicker.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • I like the new program where the REI Mastercard rewards are available immediately while the REI Co-Op Rewards come out in March

When I make a purchase from REI, I have the ability to used 'banked' Mastercard rewards as part or all of the payment method. The default is to use the banked reward. So I have received items for free through the past year - some by accident. :/ The good part is that purchases that use the Mastercard rewards still qualify for the Member rewards.

$275 in rewards this year, not including what I have already redeemed. Time to look for some ivory-tipped trekking poles.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • Bought a little clip compass to replace the 10 year old fish eye compass on my hip belt. Now to figure out wear to clip it where it won't get busted or lost. I just like having one for general sense of direction. I've probably used a compass more in towns along the AT than actually on the trail.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • Being into Orienteering, I'm a bit of a compass geek.
      I've got a small thermometer/button compass, clipped to the pack. Remember that smart phone is also a compass, just not something you can line up with a paper map. Some years ago while orienteering, I fell down hard and busted the $11 base plate compass in my pocket (I carry and use a Thumb Compass orienteering but have the base plate as a backup). So the base plate part was busted all up but the Compass (crystal in orienteering speak) was fine. I freed it from the rest of the busted stuff and put it in my pack hip pocket.
    • max.patch wrote:

In case anyone was wondering (I wasn't) all the individuals nominated for the REI Board of Directors are all either (she/her/hers) or (he/him/his). Apparently it's important enough for REI to tell us their preferred pronouns.

Don't forget to vote.
      I noticed that also. And there are no contended "slots". So vote or not. Vote for all. They will all be on the board. They all have diverse skill sets.
    • rhjanes wrote:

max.patch wrote:

In case anyone was wondering (I wasn't) all the individuals nominated for the REI Board of Directors are all either (she/her/hers) or (he/him/his). Apparently it's important enough for REI to tell us their preferred pronouns.

Don't forget to vote.
      I noticed that also. And there are no contended "slots". So vote or not. Vote for all. They will all be on the board. They all have diverse skill sets.
      ATC does the same thing. There is always the same number of nominees as there are openings. I don't recall if they also tell us their preferred pronouns.
      2,000 miler
    • It's only a matter of time before forum software developers add a function to add preferred pronouns to the 'as-displayed' screen name.

StalkingTortoise (it)

I noticed that my last beg-a-thon letter from the ATC didn't mention anything about white hiking privilege or JEDI principles. Just some crazy talk of supporting the Appalachian Trail. Too late Sandi...too late.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • max.patch wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Don't forget to vote.
      ATC does the same thing. There is always the same number of nominees as there are openings. I don't recall if they also tell us their preferred pronouns.
      Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but years ago I think I remember REI having say 6 slots and 10 people running.
    • rhjanes wrote:

max.patch wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Don't forget to vote.
      Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but years ago I think I remember REI having say 6 slots and 10 people running.
      Perhaps they decided to start doing "extreme screening" of nominees, which just so happens to conveniently mean number of nominees matches open positions. :rolleyes:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • REI's Labor Day Sale has started.

I stopped by to replace my Altras.
      Most of the $150 Lone Peaks had been marked down to $115.
      But they had one particularly ugly color combo that was marked down to just $75 dollars!

They all look the same once you cover them with mud. Score!

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier