Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

ATC Magazine, Ministry of Funny Walks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ATC Magazine, Ministry of Funny Walks

Does anyone remember when the ATC Magazine had a page entitled "The MInistry of Funny Walks"? Did this magazine have a different name prior to being called "Journeys"? I have found the Journeys archives, which go back to 2010, but this is not a part of those editions. I am looking in particular for a poem entitled "Why I Hate the Appalachian Trail." It was in what must have been a pre-2010 edition. I used to have this fabulous poem in a frame, but when we moved north it somehow didn't make the move with us. I would LOVE to locate this again. Any ideas? BTW, I really appreciate the AppalachianTrailCafe. Especially mid-winter in Wisconsin.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Forward ().

• Yes, "Journeys" was preceded by "Appalachian Trailway News" which many, including myself, consider was a superior magazine.

The poem you are looking for is in the Nov-Dec 2003 edition. I've linked to the issue below, it's on the last page (inside back cover) of the issue. (I'm guessing a computer will be superior to a phone for viewing this).

A few years ago in perhaps an overzealous bout of downsizing, I gave away decades of ATNs. Journeys I read and then it goes to the recycling bin.

I bet you can find old issues for sale on ebay, but I didn't check.

yumpu.com/en/document/read/470…lachian-trail-conservancy
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• I have that book! Robert Alden Rubin, On the Beaten Path - An Appalachian Pilgrimage. But I never made the connection between the book and the poem, though they "lived" just a few feet apart for years. Thanks for the information, Astro. It will be the next book I reread. It has been a great literary day.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Forward ().