Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Trekking Pole Tents

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trekking Pole Tents

Any recommenations for a reliable and waterproof trekking pole tent? Could fit my husband and I without too much extra room. Both are 5'7 and are fairly lightweight. I have looked at online information and read reviews and specs. I would appreciate your advice or experiences.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Forward ().

• Wintergreen wrote:

Any recommenations for a reliable and waterproof trekking pole tent? Could fit my husband and I without too much extra room. Both are 5'7 and are fairly lightweight. I have looked at online information and read reviews and specs. I would appreciate your advice or experiences.
      Just noticed your signature. That is the verse Brad Zeigler used when he signed a baseball for one of my sons. :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • My wife Kathy and I have been using tents by Tarptent for years now. Some have used trekking poles and some don't. We have the single Rainbow for when either of us go out alone, and a Double Rainbow for when we go out together, and we used to use a Rainshadow for when it was the 2 of us and we had a large dog. Check the Tarptent web site for more info.
    • LI Hikers, Thank you for the recommendation. I looked over the Double Rainbow specs and it looks great. I like the fact that it can become freestanding if necessary, and can have a liner for colder weather. Thanks for your time in responding. Much appreciated.
    • Espeycaver wrote:

I have a Six Moons Design 2p. Decent. Haven't had it in the rain yet. Had the company seam seal it. Single wall. 28ozs.
      What did you think of the job they did on the seam sealing?

It appears to me their QC reputation is hit-or-miss. I am tempted by the Lunar Solo - it may be the smallest-packing 1p shelter short of a bivy sack, at least among the contenders I have considered. Floorspace is great but much of the "extra" (beyond your sleeping area) is low-volume, due to low sloping rear wall. I think the Skyscape ones breathe better (important in the SE USA) but I'm not crazy about anything else about them.