Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

ATQOTD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Still think they have Stratton (MacKaye's idea) in NH mixed up with Sugarloaf in ME Sugarloaf. Now that is near where Avery completed the trail. Since I went with what they had before (even though I think it is wrong) I kept my current streak alive, but still a long way from my 88 straight (71 + 17).
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

Still think they have Stratton (MacKaye's idea) in NH mixed up with Sugarloaf in ME Sugarloaf. Now that is near where Avery completed the trail. Since I went with what they had before (even though I think it is wrong) I kept my current streak alive, but still a long way from my 88 straight (71 + 17).
      With I'd read this before I did today's! Yes, I believe it is wrong also. So my incorrect answer is actually correct and ......Never Mind.....

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 13, 2022 ⛺
      My answer today was – INCORRECT
      Total questions answered – 221
      Total answers correct – 200
      Percentage answers correct – 90%
      Longest correct streak – 46
      hykeroo.com/atqotd #hykerooatqotd

AND I just went back and clicked to "OKAY" and then the circle "?" to get their version. Guess what?! It says "Mt. Oglethorpe was the original Southern Terminus of the AT". Um.....Yes...but what's that got to do with the NORTHERN one? (and their answer).
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • I went Orienteering yesterday at a Dallas City park. It was HOT by mid-afternoon. SO I didn't answer yesterday's question until 9 PM when I could hardly keep my chin off my chest. And missed it. There IS a "Bear Mt. Inn" in Maine (which I'd clicked on), BUT the photo was of the one in New Yawk.
      How was Orienteering? I did OK. But we had one lady not know/ignore the "Hard stop and return by 3 hours" (her time was over 4 hours), six kids way over time and two who NEVER returned! By 4, we'd had 4 advanced orienteer's out looking for them. By 4:30 the coach had tried to call the parents and we had police on site as we went on SAR. We had 5 out looking and I was heading out to check another area when the coach got the call. One kid had WALKED about 5 or 7 miles and was WAY up north. The other kid (they'd been seen together earlier in the day) had walked about 5 miles back to their school, called the parents to be picked up!

so my streak is back to one.
      ⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 16, 2022 ⛺
      My answer today was – CORRECT
      Total questions answered – 224
      Total answers correct – 202
    • rhjanes wrote:

I went Orienteering yesterday at a Dallas City park. It was HOT by mid-afternoon. SO I didn't answer yesterday's question until 9 PM when I could hardly keep my chin off my chest. And missed it. There IS a "Bear Mt. Inn" in Maine (which I'd clicked on), BUT the photo was of the one in New Yawk.
      How was Orienteering? I did OK. But we had one lady not know/ignore the "Hard stop and return by 3 hours" (her time was over 4 hours), six kids way over time and two who NEVER returned! By 4, we'd had 4 advanced orienteer's out looking for them. By 4:30 the coach had tried to call the parents and we had police on site as we went on SAR. We had 5 out looking and I was heading out to check another area when the coach got the call. One kid had WALKED about 5 or 7 miles and was WAY up north. The other kid (they'd been seen together earlier in the day) had walked about 5 miles back to their school, called the parents to be picked up!

But least everyone is home safe. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

I went Orienteering yesterday at a Dallas City park. It was HOT by mid-afternoon. SO I didn't answer yesterday's question until 9 PM when I could hardly keep my chin off my chest. And missed it. There IS a "Bear Mt. Inn" in Maine (which I'd clicked on), BUT the photo was of the one in New Yawk.

But least everyone is home safe. :)
      Yes very true. These were two young girls. I think perhaps 13. Scary world, pick up, kidnapped.......much worse.
    • rhjanes wrote:

Careful. One question asks who is on the LEFT.

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 23, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 231
      Total answers correct – 209
      That must have been the question for Sunday (even though you posted that today, Monday)? Since at least what I got today had nothing to with left or right, just north :)
    • BillyGr wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

Careful. One question asks who is on the LEFT.

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 23, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 231
      Total answers correct – 209
      That must have been the question for Sunday (even though you posted that today, Monday)? Since at least what I got today had nothing to with left or right, just north :)
      Yeah. I answered it and then copied it but forgot to "post". When I got back on today, there it was as a "Draft"
    • Yes, today's is poorly worded. Isn't it that the park closes to overnight camping? So any hikers wanting Big-K, must drive in.

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 27, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 235
      Total answers correct – 212
    • rhjanes wrote:

Yes, today's is poorly worded. Isn't it that the park closes to overnight camping? So any hikers wanting Big-K, must drive in.

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 27, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 235
      Total answers correct – 212
      yes. I think i got screwed on that one.
    • I thought it was when it's raining and sleeting, your gear is all wet, your down to some dried granola with ants, your blisters are bleeding......and you just heard they "Closed" Katahdin....

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 29, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 237
      Total answers correct – 214
    • We left at 7 AM heading to a Scout ranch for preliminary Orienteering course setup work. Tired day....

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Nov 3, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 242
      Total answers correct – 219