Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

3 day, 2 night trip

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 3 day, 2 night trip

Kathy and I will have next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday free so we've decided to do a 3 day, 2 night, hiking trip. We'll either go to Harriman State Park and do a big loop or go to the AT and do an out and back. Once we get closer to the weekend we'll see what the weather forecast is and then make our decision. We're both pretty excited to be getting to do another overnighter.
    • LIhikers wrote:

Kathy and I will have next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday free so we've decided to do a 3 day, 2 night, hiking trip. We'll either go to Harriman State Park and do a big loop or go to the AT and do an out and back. Once we get closer to the weekend we'll see what the weather forecast is and then make our decision. We're both pretty excited to be getting to do another overnighter.
      Hope you get some favorable weather. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • I'm jealous. All of my hiking trips need to be planned out with consideration of the logistical challenges of getting two hikers from different states to an AT road crossing and back home again.

Have fun!
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • StalkingTortoise wrote:

I'm jealous. All of my hiking trips need to be planned out with consideration of the logistical challenges of getting two hikers from different states to an AT road crossing and back home again.

Have fun!
      that would be hard to organize on short notice. At least me and my hiking partner live together so we don't have all those logistics to worry about
      Come to think of it, we've met very few other couples where both like to backpack.