Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Winter SOBO thru hike

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Winter SOBO thru hike

Has any one else been watching the videos by Scott Benefore (spelling ?)about his SOBO thru hike that he started in December, at Baxter State Park? The last video I saw he was at the 2 month mark and in Vermont. I think what I've seen so far is quite amazing, wind, snow, cold. All of that plus the terrain of Me and Nh.
    • LIhikers wrote:

Has any one else been watching the videos by Scott Benefore (spelling ?)about his SOBO thru hike that he started in December, at Baxter State Park? The last video I saw he was at the 2 month mark and in Vermont. I think what I've seen so far is quite amazing, wind, snow, cold. All of that plus the terrain of Me and Nh.
      I haven't seen anything about him recently. He's one brave crazy hiker. I hope he's not out there frozen like a popsicle somewhere.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • He seems to have a lot of common sense. He didn't make it to the summit of K -- he got within 1.5 miles -- but was at his predetermined turn around time so that's what he did. He also is going to decide about the Presidentials when he gets there; depends on the weather.

(Hmm...if he's in Vermont now then he's past the Presidentials. Guess I'll need to watch a video or 2 to see what his decision was. Article is dated 1/17.)

thetrek.co/appalachian-trail/w…o-appalachian-trail-hike/

Edit to add: I watched the video where he was at the summit of Mt. Washington. Better him than me.
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().