Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Hiking Miles 2021

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hiking Miles 2021

How many trail miles did you hike in 2021? At least... 8
        Greater than 2000 miles (0) 0%
        1500 to 2000 (0) 0%
        1000 to 1500 (0) 0%
        750 to 1000 (0) 0%
        500 to 750 (1) 13%
        250 to 500 (1) 13%
        100 to 250 (2) 25%
        50 to 100 (2) 25%
        1 to 50 (2) 25%
        Zero (0) 0%
      How many trail miles did you hike in 2021?

This is for all trails.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • For me it was a slow year...
      Did just shy of 100 miles on the PCT this summer.
      Finished up the northern half of the Long Trail with the final 30 miles or so.
      What did we do last MLK weekend, perhaps 10 miles?
      I'll call it about 140 total using very rough math.

These were my only overnight hiking trips. I cannot keep track of my day hikes/ neighborhood walks, but my productivity there was equally unimpressive.

The great thing about New Years is I can resolve to do better in 2022!
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • Not a lot of trail miles for me. A few in Vermont, a few in Grand Canyon, some here and there in the SNP and battlefield trails here. But my Fitbit says I walk between 4 and 8 miles a day, so I'm at least keeping my legs in some sort of shape.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • Did one Mohawk Trail (Old Connecticut A.T.) overnight in January with Hikerboy, Laz, Scotty, and Coach Lou.

Did 75 new-to-me miles of the A.T. in PA with Jester.

Did a lot of dayhiking miles locally, but I don't track those.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • Bartram Trail (108) - Thru-hike
      AT (167, plus at least 5 more going down Abol and back-n-forth to the Birches) - Completed 10 Year Section Hike
      Colorado Trail Collegiate Loop (50)
      Ozark Highlands Trail (29, plus over 20 out and back)
      Arkansas River Trail (> 150, a lot of repeat)
      Various State Parks and around BRT (nearly 100)

Planned on completing original OHT (first 164) and going over 750 for the year, but hamstring/knee/PT got in the way of that. Hope to make that, if not 1,000 in 2022.

FWIW, when I get my EOY Fitbit report I expect it to be over 2,500 miles, but a lot of those just with a daypack walking thru the neighborhood. For a while I was doing 3-6 miles nearly every day of that. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

FWIW, when I get my EOY Fitbit report I expect it to be over 2,500 miles, but a lot of those just with a daypack walking thru the neighborhood. For a while I was doing 3-6 miles nearly every day of that. :)
      Coincidentally, I just now finished looking at my Fitbit stats. I've got 3 hours to improve those numbers. :)
      2,000 miler
    • Mr. Garmin sez I logged 1185 miles in 2021. But less than 50 of them were hiking on the AT. Franconia Ridge, Garfield Ridge and Wildcat Ridge.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard