Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Thanksgiving

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks TJ.
      I hope everyone can focus on the positive things in life and not the negative. For me and Kathy it would be easy to be negative as we had our dog, Tora, put to sleep the other day. But I refuse to make that the center of my day. There's more to look at and think about that is good and positive.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody !
    • LIhikers wrote:

Thanks TJ.
      I hope everyone can focus on the positive things in life and not the negative. For me and Kathy it would be easy to be negative as we had our dog, Tora, put to sleep the other day. But I refuse to make that the center of my day. There's more to look at and think about that is good and positive.

So sorry to hear that. Tora was such a fine and beautiful companion. Condolences to you both.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on the 'Group W' bench.

Drove up to VT this morning for dinner with my oldest daughter. Yup, the 'Alice's Restaurant Massacree' was playing on the drive. Just a kiss of snow up here.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • Happy Thanksgiving

I'm the chef at our house. Our family all live too far away (NC, Ontario, NV, IL, NYC, NV, UT) for a reunion, so it's just the three of us and i get to do the cooking. Menu is boneless turkey breast, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, pickles, cranberry sauce, stuffing, chardonnay, pumpkin pie, pecan pie.
    • Happy Thanksgiving everyone! All things considered so much to be grateful for.

Fortunately my wife does the majority of the cooking. 15 total including nephew and niece's families. Miss my middle son who moved to Tokyo last month, but enjoyed the addition of my two granddaughters this year, one of which is sleeping in my arms right now. :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • IMScotty wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

Thanks TJ.

So sorry to hear that. Tora was such a fine and beautiful companion. Condolences to you both.
      Thanks Scotty.
      The up side is that we can get out hiking now that we don't have to be at home to care for her.
    • Happy Thanksgiving All!

This was the first year we brought my future daughter-in-law's recipes into our house. Everything turned out great and it was fun watching her and my wife running the kitchen together.

Thankful that they're living close by for the holidays and that our daughter will be driving up from Texas in a few more weeks.

Oh... and bourbon. Definitely thankful for bourbon.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • LIhikers wrote:

Thanks TJ.

I’m really sorry to hear about Tora. I hope y’all are doing ok.

I have 1 dog left and she’s blind and deaf. She’s started acting weird, like she has sundowners. It makes me so sad.
      Lost in the right direction.