Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Hostel For Sale

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You're a couple years late for Georgia.

The existing hostel at mile 70 was bought just a few months before the pandemic hit. They're up and running now; I have no idea how they are doing as they have a low social media presence. Probably was gotten for a good price; the previous owner was tired of the hostel business and had already closed the hostel for good before the sale took place.

A new hostel opened this year at mile 20. It has a much stronger social media presence and is full every night during thru hiker season.

The popularity of the new hostel puzzles me -- who needs a hostel on a 5-6 month hike on for what most hikers would be the 2nd night (3rd night if starting at AFSP) of their thru?
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

You're a couple years late for Georgia.

The existing hostel at mile 70 was bought just a few months before the pandemic hit. They're up and running now; I have no idea how they are doing as they have a low social media presence. Probably was gotten for a good price; the previous owner was tired of the hostel business and had already closed the hostel for good before the sale took place.

A new hostel opened this year at mile 20. It has a much stronger social media presence and is full every night during thru hiker season.

The popularity of the new hostel puzzles me -- who needs a hostel on a 5-6 month hike on for what most hikers would be the 2nd night (3rd night if starting at AFSP) of their thru?
      First let me say I understand your puzzlement. Biggest benefit is probably that it sets you up for a one day hike to Neel Gap avoiding the Bear Cannister situation.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General