Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

New Job!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Will be starting a new job next week. Once I can get my trailer moved I will be working at Angel's Rest Hikers Haven. Haven. angelsresthikershaven.com/ I first went there just about two yeas ago when my back was hurting on a vacation hike. My stay got extended helping them out in the Smurf Blue bunkhouse painting adventure. Been back for several projects; installing a dump station to stay legal, painting projects, & filling in for crew out hiking. Always been keeping in touch with the owner, Doc & due to a romantic split of the couple that has been running it they have bot decided to leave. I worked things out with my current boss & between shows I am moving to the Rest to help run it. Excited about the move & working with hikers again!
      :D :D gif.013.gif gif.014.gif finger.gif
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

Will be starting a new job next week. Once I can get my trailer moved I will be working at Angel's Rest Hikers Haven. Haven. angelsresthikershaven.com/ I first went there just about two yeas ago when my back was hurting on a vacation hike. My stay got extended helping them out in the Smurf Blue bunkhouse painting adventure. Been back for several projects; installing a dump station to stay legal, painting projects, & filling in for crew out hiking. Always been keeping in touch with the owner, Doc & due to a romantic split of the couple that has been running it they have bot decided to leave. I worked things out with my current boss & between shows I am moving to the Rest to help run it. Excited about the move & working with hikers again!
      That is totally awesome! :thumbup:
      Look forward to trying to get there some time.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

Will be starting a new job next week. Once I can get my trailer moved I will be working at Angel's Rest Hikers Haven. Haven. angelsresthikershaven.com/ I first went there just about two yeas ago when my back was hurting on a vacation hike. My stay got extended helping them out in the Smurf Blue bunkhouse painting adventure. Been back for several projects; installing a dump station to stay legal, painting projects, & filling in for crew out hiking. Always been keeping in touch with the owner, Doc & due to a romantic split of the couple that has been running it they have bot decided to leave. I worked things out with my current boss & between shows I am moving to the Rest to help run it. Excited about the move & working with hikers again!
      Excuse my lack of knowledge about the southern part of the trail, but where is that hostel?
    • Pearisburg, VA

Wish it had been there back in 2013. Spent two nights instead at cheap motels there (one at the end of my 4 week summer hike, and another the start of my 4 day one in October).
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

Will be starting a new job next week. Once I can get my trailer moved I will be working at Angel's Rest Hikers Haven. Haven. angelsresthikershaven.com/ I first went there just about two yeas ago when my back was hurting on a vacation hike. My stay got extended helping them out in the Smurf Blue bunkhouse painting adventure. Been back for several projects; installing a dump station to stay legal, painting projects, & filling in for crew out hiking. Always been keeping in touch with the owner, Doc & due to a romantic split of the couple that has been running it they have bot decided to leave. I worked things out with my current boss & between shows I am moving to the Rest to help run it. Excited about the move
      Cool! I'll stop by and see you sometime. I am thinking about doing the Creeper again and maybe a re-hike of Grayson Highlands since I hiked it in sideways rain with zero visibility for most of it. I also have the New River bike trail on my radar. Heck Pearisburg is only a few hours drive.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • LIhikers wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Excuse my lack of knowledge about the southern part of the trail, but where is that hostel?
      It's in Pearisburg, VA. In town proper, which the trail skirts the edge. Doc set it up right making it a legal campground. Built a great shower house. Last year I designed and helped install a pump out station which she needed to stay compliant because she provided electric hook up for staff RV units. It is alcohol tolerant, You can drink, but stumbling around drunk will lead to an eviction. Conveniently located just behind the Food Lion with a 1/4 mile blue blaze to it.