Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Bartram Trail

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bartram Trail

The Bartram Trail is a 116 mile Trail that starts at Russell Bridge, GA and ends at Cheoah Bald, NC. A few years ago it was voted by readers of Backpacking Magazine as the best long distance trail if you looking for solitude. We day hiked a section in NC years ago, but to be honest it was so long ago that I don't have any specific memories of the hike.

The Blue Ridge Bartram Trail Conservancy is leading section hikes of the entire trail this year on the last Friday of each month starting Friday, March 26 at Russell Bridge. Following is a cut n paste from FB.

<snip>

The Blue Ridge Bartram Trail Conservancy is beginning section hiking the entire Bartram Trail on Friday, March 26th. Hikes are the last Friday of each month. We'll hike from Russell Bridge to Sandy Ford next week, a little over nine miles. The hikes explore Bartram's writings about the sections covered and other natural history connections. To RSVP or for more info, contact Brent at info@ncbartramtrail.org
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

The Bartram Trail is a 116 mile Trail that starts at Russell Bridge, GA and ends at Cheoah Bald, NC. A few years ago it was voted by readers of Backpacking Magazine as the best long distance trail if you looking for solitude. We day hiked a section in NC years ago, but to be honest it was so long ago that I don't have any specific memories of the hike.

The Blue Ridge Bartram Trail Conservancy is leading section hikes of the entire trail this year on the last Friday of each month starting Friday, March 26 at Russell Bridge. Following is a cut n paste from FB.

<snip>

The Blue Ridge Bartram Trail Conservancy is beginning section hiking the entire Bartram Trail on Friday, March 26th. Hikes are the last Friday of each month. We'll hike from Russell Bridge to Sandy Ford next week, a little over nine miles. The hikes explore Bartram's writings about the sections covered and other natural history connections. To RSVP or for more info, contact Brent at info@ncbartramtrail.org
      Plan to do it all at once in June, then take AT back from Cheoah Bald to Wayah Bald and then switch back to Bartram Trail back into Franklin. I have hiked all over the trails inside Franklin and feel the trip from Cheoah Bald back to Franklin will many times over make up for the dangerous road walk on US441/US23 in Franklin. Probably going to put me at closer to 150 miles.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General