Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Tarptent Double Rainbow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tarptent Double Rainbow

I finally got around to ordering our new tent today. It's the tent that Kathy wanted because of the long term good performance of our Tarptent Rainshadow and single Rainbow. We're switching from a 3 person to a 2 person tent for section hikes as our dog can no longer do long hikes. It's a little smaller and lighter than what we've been using but I'm sure we'll get used to it. I figured I better get it ordered while it's in stock.
    • LIhikers wrote:

I finally got around to ordering our new tent today. It's the tent that Kathy wanted because of the long term good performance of our Tarptent Rainshadow and single Rainbow. We're switching from a 3 person to a 2 person tent for section hikes as our dog can no longer do long hikes. It's a little smaller and lighter than what we've been using but I'm sure we'll get used to it. I figured I better get it ordered while it's in stock.
      Sorry that your dog is no longer up for the trips, but I am sure your back is going to appreciate the lighter load. :)

Having a smaller footprint may also make it easier to find camping spots.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Rasty wrote:

I think you will be very happy with the Double Rainbow.
      Rasty, it's good to hear from you, I hope all is well.
      Based on the success of the 2 other Tarptent.com tents we have I'm expecting this one to be just as good. We have a Rainbow for when either Kathy or I go out solo, a Rainshadow for when Kathy, me, and the dog all go together and now the Double Rainbow for just me and Kathy.
    • We used the Tarptent Double Rainbow for our river to river hike this past summer and it worked well. It took a few days to get used to the smaller size than we're used to. We've been using a 3 person tent for years. It did a great job keeping us dry in a couple of down pours. It's easy to set up and is light weight.