Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

SNP Overnighter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SNP Overnighter

I bought a used MLD Grace Duo in Dyneema and I wanted to field test it and do a little hiking now that my shoulder is finally better and I have recovered from having my gallbladder removed. Not a backcountry trip because I wasn't ready to commit to that just yet, so I camped in Loft Mountain Campground. I arrived early afternoon and set up my tent on tent site A13 which more or less has about a 200 foot trail directly to the AT. I hiked the AT around the campground to the store and back. Later I rode my bike around the campground. The campground, as usual, was full of friendly deer. Right after the sunset a storm blew in and I had a good hard rain with winds in the 10 to 25 mph range for around three hours. The tarp performed wonderfully. My Sea to Summit pillow decided to bite the dust on me during the night so I had to use my clothes bag for a pillow which sucked because I woke with a terrible crick in my neck which would not go away for days. In the morning I decided to go into Waynesboro for coffee and get another pillow from the local outfitter. The outfitter didn't open until 10 am , so I took my coffee and second breakfast back up the mountain and parked at the Skyline Drive/ Blue Ridge Parkway split. I hiked sobo on the AT for a couple of miles and backtracked and then went to the outfitter and bought the ultralight Sea to Summit pillow. My shoulder didn't hurt from the hiking, nor did my gut, only my neck from my clothes bag pillow, so it was a very good trip.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference