Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Baxter State Park, Maine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Baxter State Park, Maine

Does anybody know what a southbound section hiker has to do in the park? Kathy wants to start our next section by going up Kahtadin and then hike south to Monson. I just got off the park's website and I don't know anymore than before I looked at it. And of course the park office is closed due to the virus. :?:
    • LIhikers wrote:

Does anybody know what a southbound section hiker has to do in the park? Kathy wants to start our next section by going up Kahtadin and then hike south to Monson. I just got off the park's website and I don't know anymore than before I looked at it. And of course the park office is closed due to the virus. :?:
      No, all I have been able to figure out it is from that perspective going NoBo from Monson is a lot easier. Now of course the actual hiking is the opposite (easier SoBo).

What time are you planing to do this? Right now i am looking at July 8th, and due to NH still closed, starting at Monson (although considering Katahdin).
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • jimmyjam wrote:

To further complicate things, I believe Maine is currently requiring a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the state.
      Yes, but just a few days ago they gave another option -- get tested for CV and have proof of a negative test result within 3 days of entering the state. Making it easier for out of staters to stay in hotels so they can get that sweet 4th of July tourist money.
      2,000 miler