Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

New lodging idea

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New lodging idea

Just discovered a nice option for someone hiking the AT through SNP. Haven't been there yet, but it looks nice. If you take the Harris Hollow trail a couple mles south from Gravel Springs Hut down to Harris Hollow Road. Turn left and continue a few miles to Washington. There you will find The Inn At Little Washington. For just $750 you can get a room for the night (breakfast included). You can eat in their three Michelin star dining room for only $315 (tip included) for a 6 course dinner. Add the wine pairings for only $200 and a cocktail for $18. Not sure why it hasn't been more popular with thru hikers. :D
    • odd man out wrote:

Just discovered a nice option for someone hiking the AT through SNP. Haven't been there yet, but it looks nice. If you take the Harris Hollow trail a couple mles south from Gravel Springs Hut down to Harris Hollow Road. Turn left and continue a few miles to Washington. There you will find The Inn At Little Washington. For just $750 you can get a room for the night (breakfast included). You can eat in their three Michelin star dining room for only $315 (tip included) for a 6 course dinner. Add the wine pairings for only $200 and a cocktail for $18. Not sure why it hasn't been more popular with thru hikers. :D
      I'm sure the reason the place isn't more popular with hikers is that it's too far from the trail, right?!.... :D
    • LIhikers wrote:

odd man out wrote:

I'm sure the reason the place isn't more popular with hikers is that it's too far from the trail, right?!.... :D
      They need to be in the AT Guidebooks if they want that hiker money!
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

odd man out wrote:

They need to be in the AT Guidebooks if they want that hiker money!
      would it be funny to submit it anonymously and get some thru hikers to show up thinking it was a hostel.
    • max.patch wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

theinnatlittlewashington.com/

Trouble is, portion size. Two bites of each item. Long Distance hikes are going to be eating the tables....
      I'd love to be there when a thru hiker is brought the Amuse-Bouche. :)
      Thank you Top Chef for teaching me what that is.
      I have been to restaurants that served an amuse bouche. Can't recall which ones. I know this term too. In my case it was because I had a poor attitude in my elementary school French class. So I quickly learned the phrase "ferme la bouche" (but not much else).