Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Day Tripping

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• stay on I-75, pass the museum, and keep going til you hit tampa and then the beach at either st. pete or clearwater. :)

I've been twice; once when it first opened in the early 1990's and then 10 years later when we took the boys and some of their cousins who were visiting. that was in the old location near underground atlanta; they moved in the early 2000's a mile or so up the road next to centennial park (where the bomb went off during the olympics). I haven't been to the new location.

i liked it more than i thot i would (but as a one time history major i like that kind of stuff anyway). of course i was coming from nearby marietta and not far away franklin. the only time i drink a soda is when i get a costco hot dog cuz it comes with it -- so i enjoyed the novelty of all the samples at the end of the tour. (they have something like 50 different samples from all over the world.)

it was the most popular inside attraction in atlanta until they built the aquarium. the aquarium is probably a 5 minute walk from the museum.

you can always hike up kennesaw mountain and work off the turkey and pumpkin pie. the visitor center at the base of the mountain has a filmstrip on the battle and a museum of civil war stuff.
      2,000 miler
    • Astro wrote:

Looking to swing by the Coca-cola Museum in Atlanta next week with my two college age sons.
      Really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. Best parts were all of the commercials from all over the world and the tasting area. Commercials was great from both a business and culture perspective (middle son computer science major with international business minor, born in Singapore, speaks Chinese and Japanese and did internship in Japan this past summer, while youngest son business major (information systems) and interested in entrepreneurship) . With over 100 flavors taste testing was fun, although by far my favorite was Guarana from Brazil. Actually we hit the tasting area when we first went upstairs and then watched the commercials and saw the rest of what was upstairs (including New Coke/Classic display) and then hit the tasting area again. :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Foliage Report: Peacham, VT. Colors are rather muted and delayed for this time of year. But it is a beautiful weekend in Vermont and this is coming your way...

Lunenberg, Vermont

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • Took what will probably be my last swim of the year.
      The water was very 'Invigorating'

Images
      • 244648537_10223329247332600_1333406616443432614_n.jpg

219.54 kB, 800×533, viewed 208 times

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • Did a Day Hike while we were in Vermont this weekend. Mount Pisgah.

Three friends Enjoying a Beautiful Fall Day

Above was the first overlook. Great colors here.

View from the Summit

That is Lake Willoughby down below. The colors were more muted up here because we were looking through a bit of a fog.

Kathleen enjoying the view North.

Canada is somewhere in the mist.

The view South

Scott ruining the View.

Two Friends Enjoying a Beautiful Fall Day

On the way down, we stopped by the first overlook again. We did a lot of huffing and puffing to get to the top, but the best view was right here.

John Greenleaf Whittier