Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

jimmyjam's jammin lash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jimmyjam wrote:

We have decided to take our first zero today to rest my foot and hopefully let it heal. I bruised a bone on the top/side of it back n Connecticut and it has been hurting and swelling everyday. This morning it was still puffy so it was a no brainer. Plus its raining and this place is so nice and has ben and jerrys ice cream.
      take two if you need to. when i bruised my ankle in maine, i should have rested it more. you've got a lot of roots and rocks to travel over through mass, so just let it heal.
      its all good
    • TrafficJam wrote:

JJ, is it also red? Bone bruises can become infected. Take care of yourself.
      no not red. Just tender and a little puffy on of foot. I keep it elevated and an ice pack for 20 minutes and naproxen. It is my left foot. I think it is just bruised.
      Images
      • 1434379574955.jpg

106.34 kB, 800×480, viewed 288 times
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • socks wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

socks wrote:

I think I see a black toenail? congratulations.
      you do. I think I will save them and make a necklace lol.
      Cool, you could be the weird guy for the day...neato. :D
      as the Woods Woman told us two days ago as she drove away in her manual pickup with canoe on top "don't forget to be goofy it makes life fun".
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

the brew thru crew reunites for beer by the river Manchester. Doing it all wrong and loving it!
      We won't recognize you right side up when you get back.
      its a world turned topsy turvy up here. We keep running into the "Wierd person of the Day". Everyday it gets weirder. Today as we are walking down the sidewalk in Manchester a lady in her late 70s pullsover and asks us if we need a ride. we said no we are just going across the street. She then asks if she can play a dirty song for us- mind you this is after we have been down by the river drinking beer- she proceeds to play this cd about swinging your big boobs around and acting it out. All while pulled over at the sidewalk. I shot a video of it on my camera. What n earth will tomorrow's wierd person do? lol
      I think she was offering a different kind of ride.
      Real trail magic!
      She's just trying to raise their spirits.
      (she said with a wink....)
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.
    • I bruised bone on outside of right foot in PA. Was still tender at Christmas.
      Better now. Never showed on outside. Take as many zeroes as you want. It's your hike.
      Inn at the Long Trail got 2 nights out of me despite funds running low by then.
      Vermont is beautiful. You will need to be feeling good to tackle NH and Maine.
      South Kinsman was the section that told me I wouldn't be hiking all of the last two states. I was too sore.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.
    • Drybones wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

had lunch on top of Killington.
      Is one of those photos blurred out for censorship, can't tell what that is in the background but it looks questionable...at least the beer's right side up this time...you must be sobering up, getting ready to make that tarp huh.
      so as you can see the answer is No
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • ok I broke down this morning and decided to go see a doc. Took the bus from the Inn to Rutland to the Convient Care who would not see me because I did not have an appointment.the reception nazi said they were booked - even though the waiting room was empty.. she said Urgent Care was one mile down the road and for me to walk on down there. I thanked her for her kindness and blessed her as I walked out. Eight xrays by a wonderful nurse and beautiful doc it was declared a contusion to my foot bone . Ankle sleeve, ice, rest and elevation.
      So I took the bus to Killington got my package saw slingshot off and worked out a future rendezvous plan hit the deli and liquor store and took the bus back to Rutland.
      I am now staying with the 12 Tribes at the hostel for a few days.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

ok I broke down this morning and decided to go see a doc. Took the bus from the Inn to Rutland to the Convient Care who would not see me because I did not have an appointment.the reception nazi said they were booked - even though the waiting room was empty.. she said Urgent Care was one mile down the road and for me to walk on down there. I thanked her for her kindness and blessed her as I walked out. Eight xrays by a wonderful nurse and beautiful doc it was declared a contusion to my foot bone . Ankle sleeve, ice, rest and elevation.
      So I took the bus to Killington got my package saw slingshot off and worked out a future rendezvous plan hit the deli and liquor store and took the bus back to Rutland.
      At least you now "know" what you are dealing with. I wish you well for a speedy recovery.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • jimmyjam wrote:

ok I broke down this morning and decided to go see a doc. Took the bus from the Inn to Rutland to the Convient Care who would not see me because I did not have an appointment.the reception nazi said they were booked - even though the waiting room was empty.. she said Urgent Care was one mile down the road and for me to walk on down there. I thanked her for her kindness and blessed her as I walked out. Eight xrays by a wonderful nurse and beautiful doc it was declared a contusion to my foot bone . Ankle sleeve, ice, rest and elevation.
      good move.
      its all good
    • jimmyjam wrote:

I just did this for a problem I'm having with my foot, turns out it was on the money with what the doctor told me...give er a shot. Hover over the pictorial area that hurts.

footeducation.com/foot-pain-identifier/

[IMG:http://www.footeducation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/The_gout_james_gillray_thumb.jpg]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Socks ().

• jimmyjam wrote:

Should have gone there first, the rest would have been more tolerable.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • jimmyjam wrote:

I learned that the way to stop one pain is to develop a worse pain, you only feel one at a time....a good case of severe blisters helped my knee pain.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

the brew thru crew reunites for beer by the river Manchester. Doing it all wrong and loving it!
      We won't recognize you right side up when you get back.
      its a world turned topsy turvy up here. We keep running into the "Wierd person of the Day". Everyday it gets weirder. Today as we are walking down the sidewalk in Manchester a lady in her late 70s pullsover and asks us if we need a ride. we said no we are just going across the street. She then asks if she can play a dirty song for us- mind you this is after we have been down by the river drinking beer- she proceeds to play this cd about swinging your big boobs around and acting it out. All while pulled over at the sidewalk. I shot a video of it on my camera. What n earth will tomorrow's wierd person do? lol
      I think she was offering a different kind of ride.
      Real trail magic!
      She's just trying to raise their spirits.
      or something else lol.
      I got a ride with her last year, she was harmless, just likes to share her special music!
    • Well I have been here with the 12 Tribes resting my foot for 3 days and it is barely better. And I still have some numbness in my toes and balls of my feet so I have decided to end my LASH and save my feet to hike another day. 8 states and almost 700 miles in 45 days it has been quite a hike. I have met tons of people and made many new friends and have experienced unbelievable kindness and have priceless memories.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

Well I have been here with the 12 Tribes resting my foot for 3 days and it is barely better. And I still have some numbness in my toes and balls of my feet so I have decided to end my LASH and save my feet to hike another day. 8 states and almost 700 miles in 45 days it has been quite a hike. I have met tons of people and made many new friends and have experienced unbelievable kindness and have priceless memories.
      i know how much it sucks to have to cut a hike short, but you made the right call, and you covered a lot of ground.
      the trail aint going anywhere.
      its all good
    • hikerboy wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

like they say it's not the destination but the journey and it was fantastic. I highly recommend it. Would I do anything different? Heck no.
      one of the side benefits of being a lasher, you can go home any time you want.
      Well said. I'll never be thru hiking and I'll never be through hiking!
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.