Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Harriman Park, 2014-01-17/20

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Harriman Park, 2014-01-17/20

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

CrazyB wrote:

I'm very interested in joining you for this weekend. I notice my friend Moose717 also signed up. Because of work will probably only be able to do Sat. - Mon. Looking forward to getting more information.

The first post in the thread gives the basics. For the 'short bus' hikers, the Saturday night stop will most likely be William Brien (Letterrock Mountain) shelter. For the high-milers, there is likely a longer loop in the works. The whole trip is going to be pretty disorganized. It's more about hanging out and having fun than it is about particular destinations. Although of course, we'll all be looking out for one another.
      [hide]would you park on seven lakes parkway to access this area?[/hide]

Yer likin' that hidden text thingy ain't ya.
      yeah, it's perfect for somethin like this.

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

CrazyB wrote:

I'm very interested in joining you for this weekend. I notice my friend Moose717 also signed up. Because of work will probably only be able to do Sat. - Mon. Looking forward to getting more information.

The first post in the thread gives the basics. For the 'short bus' hikers, the Saturday night stop will most likely be William Brien (Letterrock Mountain) shelter. For the high-milers, there is likely a longer loop in the works. The whole trip is going to be pretty disorganized. It's more about hanging out and having fun than it is about particular destinations. Although of course, we'll all be looking out for one another.
      [hide]would you park on seven lakes parkway to access this area?[/hide]

Yer likin' that hidden text thingy ain't ya.
      yeah, it's perfect for somethin like this.

I agree. I'm liking more and more about this site everyday.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

leave the group open. im leaving mine open until at least until we have a permanent home. let him close it down, let him be the douchebag. i had 2 more people join my goup in the last two days, and noone has posted there in a day and a half.
      i shut em all down except the dakota joe thread and trips.
      its all good

hikerboy wrote:

leave the group open. im leaving mine open until at least until we have a permanent home. let him close it down, let him be the douchebag. i had 2 more people join my goup in the last two days, and noone has posted there in a day and a half.
      i shut em all down except the dakota joe thread and trips.

Yea i guess.....e-mail me that pile of elk dung
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

[hide]I can't even post videos or pics anymore anywhere on the site. I tried just yesterday on the DJ thread. Bastard wont even let me post a pic of a baby sleeping with a puppy. Shit - for -brains./ [/hide]

[hide]Haven't tried that yet. I tried adding to a thread from the web and even tried adding to a thread from my gallery and it wont let me do either. As soon as I hit the button it goes blank again. I'll try uploading a pic later on to my gallery. [/hide]

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

[hide]I can't even post videos or pics anymore anywhere on the site. I tried just yesterday on the DJ thread. Bastard wont even let me post a pic of a baby sleeping with a puppy. Shit - for -brains./ [/hide]
      I just added one in my gallery

milkman wrote:

[hide]Haven't tried that yet. I tried adding to a thread from the web and even tried adding to a thread from my gallery and it wont let me do either. As soon as I hit the button it goes blank again. I'll try uploading a pic later on to my gallery. [/hide]

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

[hide][/hide]Well obviously your in deep doo doo...(did you do somethin wrong :whistle: ) or....it could just be a glitch, hehe

[hide]Ever since I tried to send a link to here.[/hide]

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

[hide][/hide]Well obviously your in deep doo doo...(did you do somethin wrong :whistle: ) or....it could just be a glitch, hehe

milkman wrote:

[hide]Ever since I tried to send a link to here.[/hide]

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

I've sent a few links too, tried to chop them up so the filters would catch em, but i don't think it's working...haven't seen those folks show up yet.[hide][/hide]

rocksNsocks wrote:

I've sent a few links too, tried to chop them up so the filters would catch em, but i don't think it's working...haven't seen those folks show up yet.[hide][/hide]

[hide]It's not like it's gonna cause some big major shut down. It could only serve to better both sites. Some are just blind.[/hide]

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

[hide]It's not like it's gonna cause some big major shut down. It could only serve to better both sites. Some are just blind.[/hide]
      agreed...a sister site so to speak. There was a thread started along time ago about other hiking web sites. So I pulled it up and listed this one...it got swooped up with-in about 2 min.[hide] :ohmy: [/hide]

I just posted in one of the other threads about the Harriman trip, asking for people who are thinking of coming to shoot me an email so that I'll have their addresses.
      [hide]We'll see whether even that is too much. I think it's a reasonable request - asking for contact information from people who are expecting to join us. But who knows what others will think?[/hide]
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

Something tells me you might just need a tutorial on that hiding stuff . . . Or else just lay off the sauce. ;)

Seriously RS, none of your posts having the Hidden Box in this thread had any text in the box. All of the text that you intended to hide was out of the box. But then maybe you're an out of the box kind of guy.

Trillium wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

Something tells me you might just need a tutorial on that hiding stuff . . . Or else just lay off the sauce. ;)

Seriously RS, none of your posts having the Hidden Box in this thread had any text in the box. All of the text that you intended to hide was out of the box. But then maybe you're an out of the box kind of guy.
      Nope, just and idiot[hide] :blush: [/hide]

rocksNsocks wrote:

Trillium wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

would you please mov this conversation to the cafe design area. if others are having similar issues, thats where theyll be able to find answers.and it really doesnt have anything to do with the harriman trip.Im not going to moderate, but i am going to delete if i need to.
      its all good

hikerboy wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Trillium wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

would you please mov this conversation to the cafe design area. if others are having similar issues, thats where theyll be able to find answers.and it really doesnt have anything to do with the harriman trip.Im not going to moderate, but i am going to delete if i need to.
      delete away InstantgatorSeriously I think your gonna need to do some house cleaning through out, it would help to keep things stright. Though sometimes it's the thread drift that can be the funniest things to read...your digression (to and extent) not gonna heart my feelings...you don't know how.

PS as one of thee biggest offenders, I'll do my part to keep things on track, but sometimes ya just gotta real me back....no filter :)

PSS thanks for the heads up HB :)

December 12, 2013

RE: The Harriman Trip Thread

Dear Sir Hikerboy moderator Sir:

You may have noticed that there has been some thread drift. Please forgive my hiking friends. They are a little slow. You will perhaps also have noticed that there has been a lot of discussion about just how slow they are in this very thread. What better place for them to express themselves?

In closing and in summary: many of us (well, as least one) enjoy reading the Harriman trip thread no matter what. We are desperate for humanhiker contact.

Respectfully submitted,
      1azarus
      kick out the jams, bunny rabbit!

hikerboy wrote:

oh, what the hey, let the shit fly....
      personally i find the posts are hard on my eyes
      No seriously, we can make whoopie in the respective whoopie threads, I think it would be good to do a little "house keeping" though it could turn into a full time job. I can honestly say I never really minded getting deleted, I get off my chest what I wanted to say when I post, and knew the rules goin in, I'm 50 years old and I can't blame anyone else for the things I post, on this site or others. It's all good.

We could always just open a "final facts and figures" thread when all has been decided....then folks will have quick access with no thread straying......open it, state it, close it.....all questions regarding said can be posted here.

CoachLou wrote:

Thursday nite at least 5 people ain't showin'.....that is a given with the # of prospects so far. That's no real biggy. Thursday nite (right now), I'm parking at Rt 17A and crashing at Wildcat.................but, that's over a month from now :blink:

Wait, now folks are starting in Thursday night? I thought this was gonna be Sat-Monday. How many nights are folks planning to stay out?
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.