Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Packable guns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• grayblazer wrote:

socks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Dmax wrote:

Looks like my best plan of action would be t o go to Gnader 'mountain or someplace similar and check a few out.

I think I recall seeing the rubberband guns at basspro. Do you think I could take down a Sasquatch with one?

Don't shoot a squatch with a rubber band gun unless you like splinters

In your sphincter.

I read on BFRO about someone who shot BF point blank with a .45 It ran off but he reported hearing horrible howls that evening.

Whats a BF? Boyfriend?
      Lost in the right direction.
    • grayblazer wrote:

I think these guys ran into Tipi Walter in the Uhwarrie.

bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=47026

That's a pretty lame BF story. There's a lot better ones than that on that site. I couldn't find the one about the BF that got shot.

That intersection is so wide open that no self respecting sasquach would be there.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • saw this on fb.

Sven texts his neighbor Olaf:Olaf, I'm sorry. I've been riddled with guilt and I have to confess. I have been helping myself to your wife when you're not around, probably more than you. I know it's no excuse but I don't get it at home. I can't live with the guilt any longer. I hope you'll accept my sincerest apology. It won't happen again.
      Olaf, feeling outrage and betrayed, grabs his gun goes into the
      bedroom and without a word shoots his wife.
      Moments later Olaf gets a second text:
      I really should use spell check! That should be "wifi"... Sorry!
      2,000 miler
    • jimmyjam wrote:

Grinder wrote:

Since we're having fun with guns now:

That would do it. I know a guy who got his cut from his scope even though he had the stock to his shoulder. Took a bunch of stitches from a plastic surgeon to close.
      I've never gotten a cut from a scope, but I did recently learn firsthand that if you fire an M-249 left handed you will likely get your face torn up by the linked ammunition as it ejects. Maybe it's for the best that This left hander chickened out and didn't join the military.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sarcasmtheelf ().

• SarcasmTheElf wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Grinder wrote:

That would do it. I know a guy who got his cut from his scope even though he had the stock to his shoulder. Took a bunch of stitches from a plastic surgeon to close.
      I've never gotten a cut from a scope, but I did recently learn firsthand that if you fire an M-249 left handed you will likely get your face the linked ammunition as it ejects. Maybe it's for the best that This left hander chickened out and didn't join the military.

I found out just about the same problem with shooting a .308 semi-auto right hand eject left handed (I don't even know if they make a left hand eject) that the shells come close. They never did hit me but they made me flinch. I can also tell you that you don't want to shoot a right handed flint lock left handed from the hip. After better than 30 years I still have traces of gunpowder embedded on the inside of my right forearm.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • jimmyjam wrote:

I 've seen people have those problems with shotguns too. I shoot righthanded but im one of those weird ambidextrous people that do some things left-handed somethings righthanded and somethings with either.

I got lucky one time and snagged a left hand eject Remington 870 at a gun show. 300 bucks. One of my better investments.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • Grinder wrote:

I shouldn't have laughed at that, I have a scar on my forehead from a scope, once would have been enough but I did it twice, took a shot far to the right from a tree stand, long story short, the scope left me bleeding, first time it was 8* and windy so I was cold enough I didn't know it happened until I got to camp and everyone wanted to know about the blood on m face, at least the second time it was in the same spot so only one scar. I did kill a deer each time though.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • milkman wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I 've seen people have those problems with shotguns too. I shoot righthanded but im one of those weird ambidextrous people that do some things left-handed somethings righthanded and somethings with either.

I got lucky one time and snagged a left hand eject Remington 870 at a gun show. 300 bucks. One of my better investments.
      Just curious, what's the purpose of the left eject on an 870? I understand the advantage all too well when it comes to semi-auto, but the 870 is a pump so you can control when the shell comes out.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • I've never had the scope in my mossberg 500 hit me, but when I first got it and started putting 12ga Hornady sabot Slugs through the rifled barrel, I swear the recoil almost detached my retinas... After a while i went back to using remington sluggers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sarcasmtheelf ().

• Drybones wrote:

Grinder wrote:

I shouldn't have laughed at that, I have a scar on my forehead from a scope, once would have been enough but I did it twice, took a shot far to the right from a tree stand, long story short, the scope left me bleeding, first time it was 8* and windy so I was cold enough I didn't know it happened until I got to camp and everyone wanted to know about the blood on m face, at least the second time it was in the same spot so only one scar. I did kill a deer each time though.

You forgot this:

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. - Robert E. Lee
    • Man Always Carries Gun In Case He Needs To Escalate Situation

[IMG:http://o.onionstatic.com/images/29/29052/16x9/700.hq.jpg?1470]
      TEMPE, AZ—Stressing the importance of being prepared for any circumstance that may occur, local man James Donner told reporters Monday he carries a gun on his person at all times in case he ever needs to escalate a situation. “I never leave home without my Glock, because you just don’t know when someone might mouth off to you in a bar and leave you with no choice but to turn a minor altercation into a tense life-or-death scenario,” said Donner, noting that he keeps his loaded weapon in a hip holster should the need arise for him to respond quickly, and with deadly force, when he is angered by a perceived slight. “Look, I hope to God no one ever tries to hit on my wife while I’m within earshot, but in the real world, things like this do happen. Sometimes you only have a split second to react and make things exponentially more dangerous.” At press time, sources confirmed Donner was pulling up next to a Honda Civic that had cut him off in traffic several blocks earlier.
      2,000 miler