Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Wandering around Springer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wandering around Springer

Friday I walked down from the USFS 42 parking lot to the top of Amicalola Falls, and back up to Black Gap Shelter, where I spent the night. Saturday I drove down to the state park, paid $5 to park, and walked up the stairs along the falls. I walked down along the east ridge trail. Then I drove back up to the USFS 42 parking lot and spent the night at Stover Creek Shelter. This afternoon I walked back to my car and drove to a hotel. This morning the wind chill made my fingers painfully cold, but the wind died down by afternoon. I came across at least 4 guys along the trail who intend to thru hike. I think the weather will test their resolve during the next 5 days.
      I am human and I need to be loved - just like everybody else does
    • WanderingStovie wrote:

Friday I walked down from the USFS 42 parking lot to the top of Amicalola Falls, and back up to Black Gap Shelter, where I spent the night. Saturday I drove down to the state park, paid $5 to park, and walked up the stairs along the falls. I walked down along the east ridge trail. Then I drove back up to the USFS 42 parking lot and spent the night at Stover Creek Shelter. This afternoon I walked back to my car and drove to a hotel. This morning the wind chill made my fingers painfully cold, but the wind died down by afternoon. I came across at least 4 guys along the trail who intend to thru hike. I think the weather will test their resolve during the next 5 days.

By the end of the week they will probably be wishing they waited until April to start.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General