Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

What's your job?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• omg.

I wasn't sure... You all picked up I am in commercial & residential pest control at the moment? I solve large and small issues of wildlife - insects - oddly mites yea microscopic issues.... that ruin experiments... my focus is cleaning up restaurants.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • max.patch wrote:

tj, i saw this and thot of you.

Delivery Room Nurse Tired Of Taking $hit From Richard Sherman

[IMG:http://o.onionstatic.com/images/28/28598/16x9/700.hq.jpg?9809]

SEATTLE—After successfully delivering the newborn baby of Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman and his girlfriend Ashley Moss Thursday morning, Northwest Hospital and Medical Center nurse Karen Greco expressed her frustration at having to constantly take $hit from the Seahawks defender throughout the entire birthing process. “As soon as Mr. Sherman showed up to the hospital with his girlfriend, he started shouting about how he was the best in the game and how I wasn’t nothing compared to him,” Greco said, noting how difficult it was to guide Moss through her contractions and apply an epidural anesthetic with the defensive back loudly criticizing the hospital for sending such a “second-rate, bush-league” maternity nurse to deliver his son. “I was trying to concentrate once his girlfriend started crowning, but he was right up in my face and screaming at me the whole time. It’s like, ‘Jesus, just shut up and let me do my job, okay?’” According to sources, Greco and the rest of the maternity ward staff ultimately lost their patience with Sherman when he used his superior size and reach to get in front of the attending obstetrician and snatch his newborn child from his girlfriend’s birth canal.

There's a lot of holes in that story.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • True story: Some good friends of my brothers and I have as their mother a retired delivery room nurse. She worked the same hospital for 40+ years. The one and only place since she finished nursing school.

She delayed her retirement a few months so she could help deliver my brother's now five year old daughter.

How cool is that?
    • milkman wrote:

max.patch wrote:

tj, i saw this and thot of you.

Delivery Room Nurse Tired Of Taking $hit From Richard Sherman

[IMG:http://o.onionstatic.com/images/28/28598/16x9/700.hq.jpg?9809]

SEATTLE—After successfully delivering the newborn baby of Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman and his girlfriend Ashley Moss Thursday morning, Northwest Hospital and Medical Center nurse Karen Greco expressed her frustration at having to constantly take $hit from the Seahawks defender throughout the entire birthing process. “As soon as Mr. Sherman showed up to the hospital with his girlfriend, he started shouting about how he was the best in the game and how I wasn’t nothing compared to him,” Greco said, noting how difficult it was to guide Moss through her contractions and apply an epidural anesthetic with the defensive back loudly criticizing the hospital for sending such a “second-rate, bush-league” maternity nurse to deliver his son. “I was trying to concentrate once his girlfriend started crowning, but he was right up in my face and screaming at me the whole time. It’s like, ‘Jesus, just shut up and let me do my job, okay?’” According to sources, Greco and the rest of the maternity ward staff ultimately lost their patience with Sherman when he used his superior size and reach to get in front of the attending obstetrician and snatch his newborn child from his girlfriend’s birth canal.

Only confirms what I already knew. He's as big an asshole off the field as he is on.

It's a fake article from the Onion. Though that doesn't mean that your statement is incorrect.

I'd post the link to the article, but the profanity filter is stopping me.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • max.patch wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

It's a fake article from the Onion. Though that doesn't mean that your statement is incorrect.

yeah. i thot the satire was obvious but maybe i was wrong.

I love The Onion, but often times it is more believable than the nonsense on CNN.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • SarcasmTheElf wrote:

max.patch wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

I love The Onion, but often times it is more believable than the nonsense on CNN.

What do you think gave it away? second rate bush league or rippin' the kid out of the birth canal.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • milkman wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

max.patch wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

What do you think gave it away? second rate bush league or rippin' the kid out of the birth canal.

My favorite part of the whole birthing process was the apron that the doctor wore. The apron forms a catch bag between the doctor and the mom. The bag was just in case he missed. I asked if the umbilical cord was long enough or would it be like bungee jumping? My wife was not amused by our conversation
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • odd man out wrote:

Grinder wrote:

chief wrote:

Astro wrote:

chief wrote:

beginning in 1969 I worked as engineer aboard merchant ships, from tramp steamers to containerships. Trampers were the best, never knew where you were going, nor when you would return. Visited about 75 different countries, some of which no longer exist. When I started there were about 3,000 US flagged ships in foreign trade, at last count there are less than 100. Talk about shrinking industry! Retired now.

What were some of the countries that no longer exist?

I was thinking of Yugoslavia or maybe it was just renamed. I'll have to Google it one day. Anyway, used to go there a lot. Another would be South Viet Nam.

What was once Yugoslavia broke up and the various countries formed are: Bosnia & Herzegovina (one country), Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Serbia, and Kosovo, with Kosovo's status as an independent state contested by some (mostly Serbia).

Aren't we supposed to call it "The Former Yugoslov Republic of Macedonia"? The Greeks get all pissy if you call it Macedonia.

I think it's something like that, but I've never been one to really give a damn about what one countyry wants me to call another.
      Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. - Robert E. Lee
    • I was a Project Coordinator for a Business Solutions Corporation for a decade and then they decided they no longer needed my services. So, currently I sit around surfing the internet while my husband is a defender of freedom....or something like that. I figure since I was the sole breadwinner for a few years and the primary one for several thereafter, I'll just consider it an extended, unpaid vacation. Eventually, I will become a productive member of society again.
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T. S. Eliot
    • Depends on what time it happens to be. By day I have my own surveying company, by night I work in electronics manufacturing. The surveying business got real slow when the housing market crashed back in 2008. Not long after that I got call from my current night time employer asking if I would come back and help them out. I had been gone for over 15 years. I agreed due to the lack of surveying work, but only if I could do so as a contractor. every couple of months they would come to me with salary offers to go full time and I would tell them the same thing, no. I didn't want to commit to them like that because if the surveying woke back up I could simply walk away from a contractor position. Finally took their offer under the condition that I be allowed to work at night.

It's worked out good for me.
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.