Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Wildlife Sightings Today

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• odd man out wrote:

Crazy amount of bird sighting out the back window this weekend. We had Baltimore Orioles, Yellow Rumped Warblers, Yellow Warblers, Ducks (with ducklings), House Finches, Barn Swallows, Tree Swallows, Cardinals, Robins (with juveniles), Red Wing Blackbirds. Must be migration season.
      That is good, it means things are warming up. 8)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

odd man out wrote:

Crazy amount of bird sighting out the back window this weekend. We had Baltimore Orioles, Yellow Rumped Warblers, Yellow Warblers, Ducks (with ducklings), House Finches, Barn Swallows, Tree Swallows, Cardinals, Robins (with juveniles), Red Wing Blackbirds. Must be migration season.
      That is good, it means things are warming up. 8)
      it's been depressingly cool and wet this spring. But now they ate prediction 80 deg and humid on Saturday. So we go right from winter to summer. Spring is on Friday.
    • New

Did an overnight float on the Etowah River this weekend, saw the usual water birds and their young, also saw several eagles, osprey...the highlight for me was watching a litter of young river otters feed on a large striper that was pulled up on a log, cute little pups...when some of the group got too close they pulled the fish under and waited for us to leave.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • New

Drybones wrote:

Did an overnight float on the Etowah River this weekend, saw the usual water birds and their young, also saw several eagles, osprey...the highlight for me was watching a litter of young river otters feed on a large striper that was pulled up on a log, cute little pups...when some of the group got too close they pulled the fish under and waited for us to leave.
      I guess they didn't want to share.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General