Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Fishing and Hiking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CoachLou wrote:

I'm looking forward to it Kev..................believe it or not, I've never fished the Catskills!
      Did quite a bit in my younger dYs, but only on the most notable streams, beverkill in somethin with a R...drawing a blank.

Edit:spose I could just look it up, this is gonna bug till I get it...it'll come

Still wonder in' rocks ills, red somethin' rock best... Naw @&%#
      nother edit: right on the tip of my tongue

The post was edited 2 times, last by Socks ().

• socks wrote:

Dmax wrote:

I need to look at a map of the Palmetto Trail. It runs by Santee Cooper and might have great hiking and fishing opportunities. I've only walked about a mile of it between the two lakes by the bridge. I just don't know how well I'd sleep with all the gators down there. I'm not used to them, none here in the mountains. And I'd rather sleep with the Bears than gators.......
      Being a yankee boy swamp rat up my way, I have zero experience with gator country...I like hiking, not wading. I'd never make it down there, to damn hot and humid too.

I can handle the hot and humid, but I will pass on the wading with gators.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

socks wrote:

Dmax wrote:

I need to look at a map of the Palmetto Trail. It runs by Santee Cooper and might have great hiking and fishing opportunities. I've only walked about a mile of it between the two lakes by the bridge. I just don't know how well I'd sleep with all the gators down there. I'm not used to them, none here in the mountains. And I'd rather sleep with the Bears than gators.......
      Being a yankee boy swamp rat up my way, I have zero experience with gator country...I like hiking, not wading. I'd never make it down there, to damn hot and humid too.

Hiking with gators is not as bad as it sounds. It's the damn moccasins.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • milkman wrote:

Astro wrote:

socks wrote:

Dmax wrote:

They are just mean. At least rattle snakes rattle and warn you.
    • Astro wrote:

milkman wrote:

Astro wrote:

socks wrote:

Dmax wrote:

They are just mean. At least rattle snakes rattle and warn you.

The only snake I know that will come after you. They feel the vibration of the water on the bank and they'll just drop right in and head right for you.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • milkman wrote:

Astro wrote:

socks wrote:

Dmax wrote:

Seen plenty of snakes and they don't bother me, but never seen a moccasin in NJ, spoke with a fella that says they are down in the pine barrens, I understand they are very aggressive....no thank you on them too.
    • socks wrote:

I remember a time for a period of about three years I had three fishin Lic. Nj, PA. And NY got a little expensive to keep doin that, but man did I have fun come fri after work...road trip.

How about.........Ct, Pa, Wy, Mt, Id..................and the plane tickets to get out there.................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

I remember a time for a period of about three years I had three fishin Lic. Nj, PA. And NY got a little expensive to keep doin that, but man did I have fun come fri after work...road trip.

How about.........Ct, Pa, Wy, Mt, Id..................and the plane tickets to get out there.................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      yeah, that's a problem :D
    • socks wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

A huger problem since I retired from ice hockey..........................................$$$ :(
    • CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

A huger problem since I retired from ice hockey..........................................$$$ :(

But on the upside you now have more time to hike and fish. :thumbup:
    • Astro wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

Which are 2 of the reasons I retired. gif.013.gif
    • CoachLou wrote:

Astro wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

Which are 2 of the reasons I retired. gif.013.gif
      I officially retired a couple months ago, but all that means is now I gotta go get another job! Sick world we live in, he he.