Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

where is dakota joes thread today?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re:Re: Re:where is dakota joes thread today?

Trillium wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Trebor wrote:

ChinMusic wrote:

Just noticed that WhiteBlaze has a temporary ban on discussion of Dakota Joe
    . Which thread?
    duh, the dakota joe thread?

dr phil was at it again.accusing joe of looking for attention, along with an in depth analysis of dj's psyche.

methinks dr. phil was looking in a mirror.

She just likes to look down on people. I'm surprised she didn't call for him to be arrested.
    Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
    Dr. Seuss Cof123
  • where is dakota joes thread today?

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58 View Post

I'm with you & aficion, bfayer. I don't understand why he is getting all this attention like he is special or something. I just don't get it either. I tried to ask him directly but I don't think he answered me.

I just watched the video and it looks like he did answer my question, after all. This is my take on what is going on with DJ after watching his video.

Some adults who have emotional and social challenges also crave attention. Perpetual feelings of inadequacy or insecurity in adults sometimes stem from unstable or abusive childhoods. A person who has low self-esteem, for example, might interpret social rejection as a lack of personal worth. Attention seeking in these situations often involves attempts to feel better through eliciting praise or demanding other people's time and focus.

People who have certain personality disorders also crave attention. Histrionic personality disorder, for example, is characterized by excessive patterns of attention seeking. People who have this disorder often ignore social norms and persistently seek out attention, feeling uncomfortable when not receiving it. Being visible and drawing attention to one's self is often achieved through exaggerated speech, heightened emotions, provocative actions and/or changes to physical appearance.

I could be wrong but this is my first thoughts on how he came across on the video to me. The last sentence that I put in bold really seemed to fit after watching the video. I wish him the BEST. Honestly, I do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the post that some people are objecting to.

Hey, Dakota Joe checked in with me earlier and told me he is at Mountain Crossings. His pack weight is currently 38lbs with includes 7 days food. Not sure if any of you are on instagram but if you are Mountaincrossings instagram took a picture of Dakota Joe and posted it. If you want to check out some of Dakota Joe's Instagram pics you can find the profile at TheAdventuresOfDakotaJoe! He said tomorrow will be a good day and he is really looking forward to hiking with Trebor in morning.
    #KeepTheDreamAlive
    Christina From Team Dakota Joe

LoboSolo wrote:

ChinMusic wrote:

I don't know how many of you know HM personally, but she is an incredibly sweet person. I find the piling on of her a sad statement.
    she brings it on herself. when things don't go her way she stomps out of the room and snivels to the moderators. she gets butthurt too easily. it's just the internet but drama queens/attention seekers are all over the interwebs

Lost in the right direction.

ChinMusic wrote:

Just noticed the microprint.

I don't know how many of you know HM personally, but she is an incredibly sweet person. I find the piling on of her a sad statement.

There seems to be plenty of mirrors to go around.

I am happy for the clarification. I like the girl too. She knows I do. I would love to meet her and have a heart to heart with her. I just wish she could relax a bit.
    Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

FIreball's manufacture or distribution is from Staten Island NY, its been hell to get it in any quantity, they can't make it fast enough to meet demand. Recently I was at a huge neighborhood party and some 60+ people so I bar tended a little making drinks for gals. Shot thru 2 gallons of the stuff. in 4 hours. Funny mix of folks... very upscale party loads of Harley Davidsons parked out in the snow.

Mostly banker folks... very eclectic!
    Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

I will just put this out there, I am uncomfortable with labels like Bipolar when I look it up it's...

The current term bipolar disorder is of fairly recent origin and refers to the cycling between high and low episodes (poles). The term "manic–depressive illness" or psychosis was coined by German psychiatrist Emil Kraepelin in the late nineteenth century, originally referring to all kinds of mood disorder. German psychiatrist Karl Leonhard split the classification in 1957, employing the terms unipolar disorder (major depressive disorder) and bipolar disorder.

And I am no Psychologist... so lets coin the term Drama Queen going forward, tis less painful.,,,,
    2.gif 49.gif 52.gif

WiseOldOwl wrote:

I will just put this out there, I am uncomfortable with labels like Bipolar when I look it up it's...

The current term bipolar disorder is of fairly recent origin and refers to the cycling between high and low episodes (poles). The term "manic–depressive illness" or psychosis was coined by German psychiatrist Emil Kraepelin in the late nineteenth century, originally referring to all kinds of mood disorder. German psychiatrist Karl Leonhard split the classification in 1957, employing the terms unipolar disorder (major depressive disorder) and bipolar disorder.

And I am no Psychologist... so lets coin the term Drama Queen going forward, tis less painful.,,,,
    2.gif 49.gif 52.gif

I consider her a better person than me (I think I do a bit better on the keyboard, but that can be deceiving). Therefore, I am willing to compromise and call her a Drama Queen if I get to continue to refer to myself as bipolar.
    Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

It's not a complaint, just an astute observation. Mental illness and thread drift indicate an inability to maintain a train of thought. During the years I lived on a boat I was exposed to a lot of tiki bars and oh by the way, they have the best flavored rum in the Bahamas that tasted like coconut. I used coconut milk to mix drinks but that's not what I'm talking about. Around 200 people a year worldwide are killed by falling coconuts. I'm not trying to indicate that coconuts are dangerous, just that gravity might be the problem. I know that some say that Thomas Edison invented gravity, but I think he only discovered it. Of course without him, we wouldn't have telephones, which might be a good thing. I'm not saying that technology is a bad thing, just hard to spell. Spelling has never been my strongest suite. I'm not talking clothing.

All you got to do in Alabama to get a script for Lortab is tell the doctor your bipolar. Just tell him one minute I'm happy and the next minute I'm mad. Here you go. Here's your script. 120 for the month.

Or you could go for Vicodin and claim to be tripolar.
    49.gif 52.gif 2.gif
    Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

Any new updates? I know he isn't really in an area (if he's left Mt. Crossing) where he's going to likely check in but just wondered if anyone knew anything new.

DJ - I hope you enjoy the land from whence I hail and don't suffer any more setbacks. I miss my GA mountains.
    “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T. S. Eliot
  • Re:where is dakota joes thread today?

Ewok11 wrote:

Any new updates? I know he isn't really in an area (if he's left Mt. Crossing) where he's going to likely check in but just wondered if anyone knew anything new.

DJ - I hope you enjoy the land from whence I hail and don't suffer any more setbacks. I miss my GA mountains.
    . DJ and I met up at MtnX this morning and headed north. Unfortunately it was cold, windy, and raining. His plan is to take it easy with shorter mileage days until his back is 100%. He's spending the night at Whitley Gap shelter. He explained that is phone isn't a smart phone so when on the trail he sends all his pictures and posts by text to his team, and they post them on FB.
    RIAP

Coconuts? that probably killed people must have been a very early Superbowl game,,, maybe before the pigskin.. Newton got hit on the head by one on a uncharted island that the latest cartographers forgot to stick on a map. Suddenly friction and mass had meaning... now backpackers have to reduce mass and go without TP... lets blame Edison for that...

WiseOldOwl wrote:

Coconuts? that probably killed people must have been a very early Superbowl game,,, maybe before the pigskin.. Newton got hit on the head by one on a uncharted island that the latest cartographers forgot to stick on a map. Suddenly friction and mass had meaning... now backpackers have to reduce mass and go without TP... lets blame Edison for that...

Haven't carried TP in a long, long time.
    Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

milkman wrote:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

Haven't carried TP in a long, long time.

So ATM, what you been using instead? Coconuts? Or perhaps I do not want to know.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General