Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Xmas gift to self

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Depends on what you need most. I know the purchases that have helped me significantly reduce weight have been my favorites (Big 4: pack, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad). Not only do you have some brand new gear, you are a pound or two lighter every time you throw your pack on. In addition to lighter, often also smaller. Sort of like the gift that keeps on giving. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • TrafficJam wrote:

I'd buy a plane ticket and go hike somewhere out west.

I hear ya. While I love the AT and it's in my "backyard" my favorite places to hike are Utah and Arizona, especially the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and the Cedar Mesa area. I love the smell of pinon pine and ponderosa pine. On our last trip to the North Rim we brought back some ponderosa seeds and now have three Ponderosa Pines "The Cartwrights"- Ben, Little Joe and Hoss- growing in our side yard.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

I hear ya. While I love the AT and it's in my "backyard" my favorite places to hike are Utah and Arizona, especially the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and the Cedar Mesa area. I love the smell of pinon pine and ponderosa pine. On our last trip to the North Rim we brought back some ponderosa seeds and now have three Ponderosa Pines "The Cartwrights"- Ben, Little Joe and Hoss- growing in our side yard.

What happened to Adam?
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

What happened to Adam?

he moved to san francisco and became a doctor.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

What happened to Adam?

my favorite was Hop Sing.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

What happened to Adam?

my favorite was Hop Sing.

He's in the kitchen making a pot of soup.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • Trebor wrote:

Each day throughout the year I toss my pocket change into a plastic jug. Then in December I take it too the bank and cash it in. As usual, this year yielded close to $350.00 bucks. What should I spend it on?

How about you stock up on good karma by giving that $350 to your favorite charity.
      Just a suggestion that others might not suggest. Either way, it's all good!