Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Saw a If I were the Tat artist I would be tempted to put "I'm Stupid" on these peoples foreheads. Just use a creative font & tell them it's the chinese translation.
      Saw a baseball hat once that had f*ck you written sideways and one word over the top of the other and had a funky font to it, ya really had to look hard to see it, pretty funny when I saw it and it clicked.i

The post was edited 1 time, last by Socks ().

• To brighten things up....the stray cat we took in and got attached to and then had to give it up because it had a chip in it when we took it to the vet....showed up at our house two months later, the owner lives in another city, don't know where and don't care.
      Images
      • 2016_0205ctrail0005.JPG

158.65 kB, 800×600, viewed 254 times
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

To brighten things up....the stray cat we took in and got attached to and then had to give it up because it had a chip in it when we took it to the vet....showed up at our house two months later, the owner lives in another city, don't know where and don't care.

Drybones wrote:

Okay, need tech help, the cat walked on my keyboard and I lost my toll bar...how do I get it back?
      Hey I don't have a troll bar...I want one!
    • Trebor wrote:

I saw on Facebook yesterday that Dakota Joe (now known as Joey Bags) somehow managed to get himself shot. I, along with many including DJ, had hoped his AT hike would of changed him. It appears that it didn't.
      Is he okay? It's all very sad.

You never know what will trigger someone to make permanent, life changes. For some, it takes multiple events and suffering before they learn the lesson. Some never change, despite saying they want to. It's easier to stay with what you know...friends, habits, lifestyle.

We're all like that to a certain extent. How many of us say we need to lose weight, quit smoking, finish a big project, be a happier/better person but we don't follow through?
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

I saw on Facebook yesterday that Dakota Joe (now known as Joey Bags) somehow managed to get himself shot. I, along with many including DJ, had hoped his AT hike would of changed him. It appears that it didn't.
      Is he okay? It's all very sad.
      You never know what will trigger someone to make permanent, life changes. For some, it takes multiple events and suffering before they learn the lesson. Some never change, despite saying they want to. It's easier to stay with what you know...friends, habits, lifestyle.

We're all like that to a certain extent. How many of us say we need to lose weight, quit smoking, finish a big project, be a happier/better person but we don't follow through?
      he was hit in the leg so I believe he will be ok. It seems he returned to Florida a long time ago and apparently is wrapped up with the same group of people. He is/was working as a garbage man. I saw that he was arrested again back in August for "Arson during the commission of a felony".
      RIAP
    • Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

Is he okay? It's all very sad.You never know what will trigger someone to make permanent, life changes. For some, it takes multiple events and suffering before they learn the lesson. Some never change, despite saying they want to. It's easier to stay with what you know...friends, habits, lifestyle.

he was hit in the leg so I believe he will be ok. It seems he returned to Florida a long time ago and apparently is wrapped up with the same group of people. He is/was working as a garbage man. I saw that he was arrested again back in August for "Arson during the commission of a felony".
      I'm disappointed but not surprised. I'm a cynic when it comes to people "changing".
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

Is he okay? It's all very sad.You never know what will trigger someone to make permanent, life changes. For some, it takes multiple events and suffering before they learn the lesson. Some never change, despite saying they want to. It's easier to stay with what you know...friends, habits, lifestyle.
      I'm disappointed but not surprised. I'm a cynic when it comes to people "changing".
      you can take the boy out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy....
      RIAP
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

You can't really change people. All you can do really do is inspire them to want to change themselves. The saddest part is how many people like Trebor, HB, the Good German, and even LW reached out to him.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

Some of us required divine help...makes it a lot easier than going it alone.
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

Is he okay? It's all very sad.You never know what will trigger someone to make permanent, life changes. For some, it takes multiple events and suffering before they learn the lesson. Some never change, despite saying they want to. It's easier to stay with what you know...friends, habits, lifestyle.We're all like that to a certain extent. How many of us say we need to lose weight, quit smoking, finish a big project, be a happier/better person but we don't follow through?
      Ordinary people doing ordinary things inspires me the most.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

Is he okay? It's all very sad.You never know what will trigger someone to make permanent, life changes. For some, it takes multiple events and suffering before they learn the lesson. Some never change, despite saying they want to. It's easier to stay with what you know...friends, habits, lifestyle.We're all like that to a certain extent. How many of us say we need to lose weight, quit smoking, finish a big project, be a happier/better person but we don't follow through?
      That's what did it for me, realized I could do it to. So much easier to live a easy life than one full of false hope a confussion. Sorry to hear all this for him, damn shame!
      No Joe No! Go easy brother.
    • Grinder wrote:

max.patch wrote:

woman gets "420" tattooed on her forehead; starts gofundme account to get it off.

clickorlando.com/news/weird-ne…=website&utm_content=link
      No need for a Gofundme account. I'll donate the cost of an axe and volunteer to wield it.
      She could get Rifle to remove it.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • socks wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

That's what did it for me, realized I could do it to. So much easier to live a easy life than one full of false hope a confussion. Sorry to hear all this for him, damn shame!No Joe No! Go easy brother.
      I've been sad about this all day. :(
    • TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Grinder wrote:

max.patch wrote:

woman gets "420" tattooed on her forehead; starts gofundme account to get it off.

clickorlando.com/news/weird-ne…=website&utm_content=link
      No need for a Gofundme account. I'll donate the cost of an axe and volunteer to wield it.
      She could get Rifle to remove it.
      who's that?
      Few years back young guy with no clue about LNT that started a thru in GA around Jan/Feb and was carving his name all over the place. Hot topic back then on TOS.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • TrafficJam wrote:

socks wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

That's what did it for me, realized I could do it to. So much easier to live a easy life than one full of false hope a confussion. Sorry to hear all this for him, damn shame!No Joe No! Go easy brother.
      don't be sad. He's a adult who knows right from wrong. He makes the conscious decision to live his life the way he does.
      RIAP
    • Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

socks wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

don't be sad. He's a adult who knows right from wrong. He makes the conscious decision to live his life the way he does.
      His big mistake was going back to Florida. He had 49 other states to choose from were he didn't have a past.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

socks wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Trebor wrote: