Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jimmyjam wrote:

that could be entertaining around the shelter at night. Do you think that fire hoop of hers will cook smores?
      She's not taking her fire hoop. She ain't dumb. she's taking her ultralight collapsible hoop. :D
      (She'll figure it out)

max.patch wrote:

she'll fit right in at trail daze.

I don't think she wants to go. Maybe I can talk her into it.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

Does anybody have a screenshot of the "best vibrator"'thread from TOS?
      I wish.
      Some Sourhern states only allow a woman to have 5 of them. So, if you are part of the sex toy home party group, yes it exists, don't get pulled over by southern state troopers. When they look in your trunk, they might get upset and arrest you. You can't make this stuff up.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • jimmyjam wrote:

what no six packs? Come on now
      It's true. A friend of mine did an article of stupid laws. Motly old ones still on the books. I think it was TX that only allowed 5. AZ was a bit more liberal where she could own seven. It was a riot. In MT a man isn't allowed to be in a sleeper of a truck with a sheep unless he has a chaperone. IN AR it's illegal to push a moose out of an airplane. A woman in RI isn't allowed to drive a car at night unless proceeded 50' in front by a man with a lantern. You must also honk your horn when passing cars in that state. In MA all men over the age of 15 must bring their muskets with them to church. Wish I still had the article. I lost it when a hard drive on a comp crashed.
    • i know no one gives a flip where i ate lunch but i thot oz might enjoy this.

i went to the marietta square farmers market today to get some tamales, and decided to get lunch from the autralian bakery cafe. the owners are from broot, and claim this is the only place to get authentic australian food in america as only australians work in the kitchen - no americans back there to screw things up. place was packed, so i got a ground sirloin pie to go. i'll be back. :)

edit to add: they also sell marmite and vegemite but i'm not ready for that.

lot of pictures at the link below; take the virtual tour.

australianbakerycafe.com/

2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• max.patch wrote:

i know no one gives a flip where i ate lunch but i thot oz might enjoy this.

i went to the marietta square farmers market today to get some tamales, and decided to get lunch from the autralian bakery cafe. the owners are from broot, and claim this is the only place to get authentic australian food in america as only australians work in the kitchen - no americans back there to screw things up. place was packed, so i got a ground sirloin pie to go. i'll be back. :)

edit to add: they also sell marmite and vegemite but i'm not ready for that.

lot of pictures at the link below; take the virtual tour.

australianbakerycafe.com/

Something I would much rather eat than watch being made.

After living in Singapore for a year I really enjoyed the food and portions in my 3 weeks in the land down under. :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • The one that always got me was the HR person doing Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action. I just can not see how they could do both. Did they do one in the morning and the other in the afternoon?
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

It's true. A friend of mine did an article of stupid laws. Motly old ones still on the books. I think it was TX that only allowed 5. AZ was a bit more liberal where she could own seven. It was a riot. In MT a man isn't allowed to be in a sleeper of a truck with a sheep unless he has a chaperone. IN AR it's illegal to push a moose out of an airplane. A woman in RI isn't allowed to drive a car at night unless proceeded 50' in front by a man with a lantern. You must also honk your horn when passing cars in that state. In MA all men over the age of 15 must bring their muskets with them to church. Wish I still had the article. I lost it when a hard drive on a comp crashed.
      All states should have this law.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I don't bring my musket, but I am armed. Al Sharpton is supposed to come to Gainesville to holler at us LDS's for not being all happy for Gay Marriage. We are not for it, but they can still come to Church and be loved and accepted.
    • grayblazer wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I don't bring my musket, but I am armed. Al Sharpton is supposed to come to Gainesville to holler at us LDS's for not being all happy for Gay Marriage. So that he can make a quick buck by inserting himself into this week's hot-button social issue. We are not for it, but they can still come to Church and be loved and accepted.
      Fixed that for you.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • max.patch wrote:

wow...steve harvey needs to stick with the family feud.

Holy hand grenades, that was painful to watch knowing what was about to happen. I couldn't care less about beauty pagents, but to have something you wanted that badly and worked your whole life to achieve given to you only to have it yanked away 90 seconds later...crap.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • SarcasmTheElf wrote:

max.patch wrote:

wow...steve harvey needs to stick with the family feud.

Holy hand grenades, that was painful to watch knowing what was about to happen. I couldn't care less about beauty pagents, but to have something you wanted that badly and worked your whole life to achieve given to you only to have it yanked away 90 seconds later...crap.
      i'm with ya 100%. i have zero interest in these things, but i really felt sorry for miss columbia. i wonder how much english she knows and when it hit her what was happening.
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• max.patch wrote:

if ya ever watched family feud you'll know why this is a great tweet...

Langston Taylor @LangstonITaylor

WE ASKED ONE HUNDRED AMERICANS WHAT'S THE WORST THING YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO AT A BEAUTY PAGEANT
      10:29 PM - 20 Dec 2015

I've seen a couple of good Trump jokes about the mixup, but they wouldn't be appropriate for the new, gentler café. :D
    • this is creative...

sarah palin has obviously had enough of tina fey portraying her, so she turns the tables and...

sarah palin portrays tina fey in a promo for "31" rock.

palin plays a version of feys character liz lemon, john mccain plays the version of alec baldwins character jack donaghy, and lindsay graham gets into the act playing the nbc page, kenneth.

2,000 miler
    • Lady was walking down the street with a young cat following her, I said "you walking your cat", she said the cat had been hanging around for two weeks and couldn't find the owner, we took it in and became attached to it, six weeks later the wife takes it to the vet for shots and fixing, came back crying and stating Murphy's first law, turns out the cat had a chip to locate the owner and we had to give the cat up, the vet was pretty nice, gave her another homeless cat "free" of charge.
    • Drybones wrote:

Lady was walking down the street with a young cat following her, I said "you walking your cat", she said the cat had been hanging around for two weeks and couldn't find the owner, we took it in and became attached to it, six weeks later the wife takes it to the vet for shots and fixing, came back crying and stating Murphy's first law, turns out the cat had a chip to locate the owner and we had to give the cat up, the vet was pretty nice, gave her another homeless cat "free" of charge.
      awwwww, sorry to hear that.

That's how I'm feeling about my granddog. My son and his girlfriend of 4 yrs broke up so the dog has been with me a lot. We've really bonded but I know the ex is going to end up with the dog, she just can't take care of him full time right now. It sucks!

He's always with me...here's a view from my loom this morning.
      Images
      • image.jpeg

76.41 kB, 450×600, viewed 210 times
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Lady was walking down the street with a young cat following her, I said "you walking your cat", she said the cat had been hanging around for two weeks and couldn't find the owner, we took it in and became attached to it, six weeks later the wife takes it to the vet for shots and fixing, came back crying and stating Murphy's first law, turns out the cat had a chip to locate the owner and we had to give the cat up, the vet was pretty nice, gave her another homeless cat "free" of charge.
      awwwww, sorry to hear that.
      That's how I'm feeling about my granddog. My son and his girlfriend of 4 yrs broke up so the dog has been with me a lot. We've really bonded but I know the ex is going to end up with the dog, she just can't take care of him full time right now. It sucks!

Pretty pup, I like the color.
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

awwwww, sorry to hear that.That's how I'm feeling about my granddog. My son and his girlfriend of 4 yrs broke up so the dog has been with me a lot. We've really bonded but I know the ex is going to end up with the dog, she just can't take care of him full time right now. It sucks!

He is such a love. A few years ago, I decided I wasn't having any more pets when mine are gone.

I'm at a stage in life where I want to take off at a moments notice and that's difficult with animals. But dang if he hasn't crept into my heart. He's snuggled next to me right now. I nearly bought him a doggy pack today. :)

Sorry again about your cat.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

awwwww, sorry to hear that.That's how I'm feeling about my granddog. My son and his girlfriend of 4 yrs broke up so the dog has been with me a lot. We've really bonded but I know the ex is going to end up with the dog, she just can't take care of him full time right now. It sucks!
      He is such a love. A few years ago, I decided I wasn't having any more pets when mine are gone.
      I'm at a stage in life where I want to take off at a moments notice and that's difficult with animals. But dang if he hasn't crept into my heart. He's snuggled next to me right now. I nearly bought him a doggy pack today. :)

Sorry again about your cat.
      Sounds like it's time for you to get yourself a trail dog. The kind that wants nothing more than to take off at a moment's notice with you!
    • Drybones wrote:

Anyone have first hand knowledge of this breed, I can't see myself without dobermans but I am considering this breed as my next buddy.

dogbreedinfo.com/belgianmalinois.htm
      Yes, don't get one.

If you're looking for a dog to use for twelve hour security or bomb detection shifts in a high risk area then they're the dog for you.

My uncle is a top tier trainer of working dogs specializing in German Shepherds. He works with Malinois as well, but will only use them for certain application because they are too high energy and too high strung.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sarcasmtheelf ().

• Drybones wrote:

Anyone have first hand knowledge of this breed, I can't see myself without dobermans but I am considering this breed as my next buddy.

2nd hand knowledge...a friends husband had one. He was a cop and the dog was a police dog. He was real protective and one day my friend tried to sit on the couch next to her husband and he tore her hand up. The dog had to go to a new home and was retired as a police dog...went into security I think.
    • SarcasmTheElf wrote:

You should get one of these dogs instead. Not that I think it would be the right dog for you, actually it would probably be a terrible choice, but I've never seen a real one before and someone needs to buy one!

dogbreedinfo.com/caucasianowtcharka.htm
    • Drybones wrote:

Former boss had one that was trained as a guard/attack dog. When I lived on his estate in FL it often fell upon me to look after him. It kinda became a joke of me having a door open with AC on. What, do you live in a barn? Technically yeah, my appartment was on one side of the barn. The dog had a kennel (he rarely stayed in) also with AC on the other side. I fed the dog, exercised it, would even wrestle with it. Greg warned me he would bite, I did get a few nips while playing. Probably more my fault than the dogs. At nighy the dog would sleep on the floor next to me wherever I was.

Like TJ mentioned they are protective. There were dozens of worker renovating the place. One day I steped out of the ppartment to look around & a mason tender was walking by. He growled & learched at him. I yelled no & grabbed him by the collar & inside we went. I guess for some reason he saw the kid as a threat to me.

Wasn't to much later that I had to go on the road & do a few shows. When I returned the dog was gone. It bit his owner. After spending so much time with me he became more my dog than his. It went back to the trainer and is a New orleans Police canine last I knew.

To sum it up: very needy breed. They will get lazy if you let them from my experience. They need continual attention. High strung & need to keep active. Not a breed to buy unless you are able to spend many hours a day with.