Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

WaxQueen wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WaxQueen wrote:

Thanks TrainWreck! I'm glad to be here!! :silly:

Yay! We need some more estrogen around here. 49.gif

Woot! Woot! Hahaha!! Glad to contribute! ;) :lol:

Well, that helps us understand that Queen really is a women. :)
      In the past we have had a few women based about upon there names or whatever people assume they were men for a while. :ohmy:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General

Astro wrote:

WaxQueen wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

WaxQueen wrote:

Thanks TrainWreck! I'm glad to be here!! :silly:

Yay! We need some more estrogen around here. 49.gif

Woot! Woot! Hahaha!! Glad to contribute! ;) :lol:

Well, that helps us understand that Queen really is a women. :)
      In the past we have had a few women based about upon there names or whatever people assume they were men for a while. :ohmy:

Considering she and I discussed female products on TOS, I really hope she is a woman.
      gif.002
      Lost in the right direction.

It was part of the title of a book I read when I was younger. :P "Mystery of the Wax Queen" Kind of like a Nancy Drew mystery. :lol: Just popped in my head when registering, so I used it. I don't really have a "trail name"(haven't gone on enough trails!), but I wouldn't mind going by it. :)
      "You've got what it takes. But it will take everything you've got."

WaxQueen wrote:

It was part of the title of a book I read when I was younger. :P "Mystery of the Wax Queen" Kind of like a Nancy Drew mystery. :lol: Just popped in my head when registering, so I used it. I don't really have a "trail name"(haven't gone on enough trails!), but I wouldn't mind going by it. :)

Cool name, cool story! :)

Lately Chin Music and I are butting heads,,,, any others feel the same way.? Hate to say it because I choose WOO years ago He is clearly alpha and barking up a tree,I am out on a limb. I gather he is a great guy... but I get a feeling he is throwing stuff in the face.. like cow plops. ON the fence ... love to read your posts.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

Lately Chin Music and I are butting heads,,,, any others feel the same way.? Hate to say it because I choose WOO years ago He is clearly alpha and barking up a tree,I am out on a limb. I gather he is a great guy... but I get a feeling he is throwing stuff in the face.. like cow plops. ON the fence ... love to read your posts.

I have been embarrassed too many times by my own faults to analyze the possible faults of others. One of my faults has been to see the faults of others. I do not know much about CM other than some great advice I have gleaned and I count you as a cyber friend. I guess I have nothing constructive to add.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

WaxQueen wrote:

Astro wrote:

TW, I appreciate your avatar.

Whats TW mean? Sorry, not used to the lingo!

Welcome Firerat!!! :lol:

TW is Train Wreck. I am BB. You are WQ. It gets confusing when there is a MilkMan And MountainMike. I call the 1st one ATM because of a previous name he had on some other unimportant site.
      After typing this, I looked to see what Astro meant. I think he meant TJ (TrafficJam).

And on that note: I thank God for those who risked their lives so I could live as I do. No words or actions could express my appreciation. You reserve honor and praise. Thank you. God bless you.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

BirdBrain wrote:

WaxQueen wrote:

Astro wrote:

TW is Train Wreck. I am BB. You are WQ. It gets confusing when there is a MilkMan And MountainMike. I call the 1st one ATM because of a previous name he had on some other unimportant site.
      After typing this, I looked to see what Astro meant. I think he meant TJ (TrafficJam).

And on that note: I thank God for those who risked their lives so I could live as I do. No words or actions could express my appreciation. You reserve honor and praise. Thank you. God bless you.

Ooh! Okay! I'm gettin' it!! :cheer:

Lol! Sure you can call me Waxy for short! :lol: :P I like that. Haha!

[quote

And on that note: I thank God for those who risked their lives so I could live as I do. No words or actions could express my appreciation. You reserve honor and praise. Thank you. God bless you.[/quote]

In honor of those who made the ultimate sacrifice, I gave it my all this morning, until I had nothing more to give. Thank you to all the past, present, and future warriors!
    • Re:Re: welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

WaxQueen wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

WaxQueen wrote:

Astro wrote:

Ooh! Okay! I'm gettin' it!! :cheer:

Lol! Sure you can call me Waxy for short! :lol: :P I like that. Haha!

Waxy it is! :)
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

BirdBrain wrote:

WaxQueen wrote:

Astro wrote:

Thanks, BB. Nice to always know you have my back. :)

WiseOldOwl wrote:

puttin' solar panels on shelters to charge cell phones is a stupid friggin' idea if this is what you're referrin' to

LoboSolo wrote:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

puttin' solar panels on shelters to charge cell phones is a stupid friggin' idea if this is what you're referrin' to

Would I like to be able to charge my phone at a shelter? Sure

But I do not think it is practical. Nor do I want all of the negative side effects it would bring. The money it would take could be better spent other places. And it is like when your teenager wants a car. It is not just the up front cost, there is the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) including all of the maintenance, etc..

I sorta like the idea of you go walking in the woods and take what you feel you need and want with you.

I don't know anything about the shelters on the trail, but I do know that though low maintenance(ours are at least), solar panels need to be in a very sunny location to be very effective. Honestly, if they're not getting full sun, they don't give a lot of power. When we only had 8 panels and 8 batteries we basically only used electricity during the sunniest times of the day and quit by 3pm, and the power still died every night. On cloudy days we used as little power as possible.
      Like I said, I don't know anything about the shelters. But I can imagine some electricity would be nice!!

WaxQueen wrote:

I don't know anything thing about the shelters on the trail, but I do know that though low maintenance(ours are at least), solar panels need to be in a very sunny location to be very effective. Honestly, if they're not getting full sun, they don't give a lot of power. When we only had 8 panels and 8 batteries we basically only used electricity during the sunniest times of the day and quit by 3pm, and the power still died every night. On cloudy days we used as little power as possible.
      Like I said, I don't know anything about the shelters. But I can imagine some electricity would be nice!!

Green Tunnel and Solar Panels are exactly a match made in heaven.

Astro wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

Would I like to be able to charge my phone at a shelter? Sure

But I do not think it is practical. Nor do I want all of the negative side effects it would bring. The money it would take could be better spent other places. And it is like when your teenager wants a car. It is not just the up front cost, there is the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) including all of the maintenance, etc..

I sorta like the idea of you go walking in the woods and take what you feel you need and want with you.

Analogy: primitive weapons season used to mean a recurve bow, then compound bows came along, then muzzle loaders, then cross bows, then single shot western loads....ain't much primitive about it any more. I can do without the phone charger...and the phone.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones, is that a jar of peanut butter stuck on your dogs head? It reminds me of an episode of Doctor Who (the BBC version).

It is, the boy does love his peanut butter, his treat every night at bed time.

My dogs love popcorn. One of them is blind, so it's always interesting trying to throw it to him.